Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery times of Tesla Model-Y (June-July orders)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Guess we got really lucky with our order.

’21 MYLR | White | BW Interior | 5S | Gemini | No FSD/Tow
Ordered: 06/05/21
VIN Matched: 06/19/21, unmatched due to previous car not sold yet
VIN Matched: 07/05/21, Delivered 07/07/21
Wow. 2 weeks to VIN, unmatched and didn't go to the back of the line, rematched 2 weeks later?? What did you bribe your SA with?

Your SA actually gave you an email? Or a phone number? I ordered mine at the Burbank location and walked out with no business card, no phone number, no email address. Every attempt to get back in contact has been met with silence.
wow really?! I live in walnut creek (east bay area) and test drove and ordered at the showroom here. my SA walked us through our test drive process but I placed our order afterwards with someone else. later that day, I got a long email from my SA congratulating us on our purchase, and providing a bunch of general info. she even mentioned things from our conversation earlier (congrats on almost finishing law school, etc). she also copied the "operations advisor" to contact in case the SA is unavailable. I will note that she changed her phone number so I haven't been able to reach her via phone, but she always responds to my emails.

I think you should call burbank tesla or a customer service number and ask for the SA specifically assigned to your order. there must be one, especially if you ordered in person. my SA is the only one who has given me any order-specific info (told me her internal system shows my EDD as 8/3, compared to every other employee just saying "probably around september").

BTW, I didn't order online. I went into a physical location (costa mesa) and talked to an SA. We had a scheduled test drive and we ordered it right after. He placed the order there and kept in contact with us the entire time, all the way through the delivery day.
I think you still got very lucky with your timing -- as far as I could tell, it made no difference whether you ordered online or at the showroom with the SA; we did the same thing (test drove then ordered) and our SA walked us through the exact same ordering process we would have gone through from home.

BTW, I didn't order online. I went into a physical location (costa mesa) and talked to an SA. We had a scheduled test drive and we ordered it right after. He placed the order there and kept in contact with us the entire time, all the way through the delivery day.
Who was your SA? I don't really like mine. I wish I had the SA who did my 3 test drive but I signed up with the girl who did my Y test drive a few days later and she is very unhelpful. Also picking up in Costa Mesa so next time I stop by I may ask for him.

Who was your SA? I don't really like mine. I wish I had the SA who did my 3 test drive but I signed up with the girl who did my Y test drive a few days later and she is very unhelpful. Also picking up in Costa Mesa so next time I stop by I may ask for him.
My SA is a joke. She randomly called me couple of times - First time, "you want color change correct, which color do you have in mind". Second time, "As far as delivery date as soon as I have info i will reach out". Both the times I believe she meant to call some other customer(s). LoL