Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery times of Tesla Model-Y (June-July orders)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why is this happening? The reason could range from:
GigaTexas is coming online, and production needs to be reallocated between the two factories.
They ran out of a key component and projected production delays must be integrated into the estimated delivery dates.

That said, it is most likely somewhere in the middle, which means this is nothing more than a recalculation as part of the iterative algorithm.
GigaTexas won't be coming online until late this year IMO. Have you seen the drone overflight videos?
Buildings aren't done, some interior fittings could be just starting in certain areas, but overall quite a way to go. It's almost August already.
No robots have been seen arriving or installed on site as yet. A lot was made of a GigaPress doing some test runs a few weeks ago, nothing since...
For now, Giga 4.5 Fremont is making all the North America cars. China is now making the European cars to take pressure off Fremont and meet EU standards, which Fremont may not.

Hello,

I ordered my Tesla Y long range on 7/12/2021 as paying cash. I had and held a EDD of sept18-sept-30 this morning it completely disappeared. Spec is grey paint/black interior/19 Gemini wheels/ tow hitch. Is this something to worry about? Spoke to SA and was told that it was a glitch to give it a few days. Thanks for any help and insight!

-Daniel

Hello,

I ordered my Tesla Y long range on 7/12/2021 as paying cash. I had and held a EDD of sept18-sept-30 this morning it completely disappeared. Spec is grey paint/black interior/19 Gemini wheels/ tow hitch. Is this something to worry about? Spoke to SA and was told that it was a glitch to give it a few days. Thanks for any help and insight!

-Daniel
Nothing to worry about. EDD has minimal meaning, if even that. Some people have it disappear then reappear, go to October before going back to July.

Ordered June 4th, Est delivery has been aug 13 - sept 2nd— View attachment 687203 for a few days now. Previously it was jumping back and forth daily. But my hopes are that the time is coming soon. Id like to think I’m not obsessive but this has brought out the worst in my tolerance for patience… and I’m becoming very impatient and obsessed with watching tesla videos on YouTube to get my fix. 😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫
same here. and buying all of the accessories for a car i don’t yet have!

• Funny
Reactions: Luxolas
Hello,

-Daniel
Hello Daniel,

Ordered my blue LR on the same day. Held EDD of 9/13-9/30 for about a week until it disappeared yesterday. I'm assuming it's normal based on other people's experience. Nothing to worry about. We'll get it back soon hopefully.

Hello,

-Daniel
Hey! My order date is 6/12/21 Grey/black interior/ 20" EDD as of this morning Aug 25 - Sept 14 Raleigh SC. i had my EDD also went away 1 week ago came back a few days later. it will change back to you too. EDD will chage a few times to dont read in to it to much.

Hello,

I ordered my Tesla Y long range on 7/12/2021 as paying cash. I had and held a EDD of sept18-sept-30 this morning it completely disappeared. [snip] Is this something to worry about?

it would be if you'd already handed over the cash :D

Edited to say - ok, I just got punished for making that joke; I checked my dates and they're now Sept 4th through Sept 24th 😭🤬

• Funny
Reactions: Rayvas