Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery times of Tesla Model-Y (June-July orders)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Spoke to my SA again today and still no info on the delay other than the “shortage of parts from a few months ago”. I confirmed again for the 100th time that I’ve completed profile on 6/15 and can’t speak to as how or why people who’ve ordered after me are receiving their VINs. I guess VIN assignment is luck. This is driving me nuts!

Hi everyone, this is my first post here. I've been reading posts for a while to help with the wait. Took my kids to Disneyland, and kept checking for a vin...you never know when it might show up. Good way to help deal with the long lines.

I ordered my MYLR midnight silver black interior, 7 seats back on July 24th. Added tow and completed my profile on July 25th. My EDD went through a few swings, saying October, then November, back to October, then the famous January we all had, and it's held steady at Nov 6th to Nov 26th for the last three weeks or so. I'm in Southern California.

Excited for my Model Y -- does anyone know if I add FSD, would that delay my order? I know there's the subscription, but I'm tempted to just add the full FSD before delivery, but don't want to delay my delivery.

Are the 7 seaters being delivered by the way -- I keep wondering if I had gone with the 5 seater, would it were here already? And since my EDD did say October for a while (though it says November now), I wonder what the chances I might get a vin in October?
Adding FSD shouldn't delay your delivery, since it's all software based. If you're concerned about having it delayed, you can purchase it, full or subscription, after you take delivery.
For the seats, I've seen people receiving their MY 7 seats a little earlier than the standard 5 seats. But now it's more 5 seats that's being delivered. It really depends on when you placed the order and when Tesla will produce them, since they make them in batches of similar builds.

Thanks. Are the side cameras orange during bright daylight outside? Mine are not, only in garage and in poor lighting are they orange-ish.
Yeah, even in daylight. After a while, I've kind of gotten used to it except when it's suppose to show red but it's orange instead. I've read some other threads that it's the IR filter, and it's suppose to help with low light 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: Nikola369
Ordered July 1, 2021, picking it up tomorrow, Thursday, September 30th.

My first Tesla; a Model Y, LR, blue, black interior, induction wheels, tow package.

Would someone like to help me complete the delivery inspection? See HERE. Thanks!
Wow great news! I ordered my MY LR White, Black interior, Gemini Wheels, No Tow hitch on July 1st as well, no vin yet but my delivery window has stayed consistent the last week. Santa Barbara PU.
if you don't mind when did you get your vin? was it like most people have said the day before?

Ordered July 2. LR white exterior with black interior, Gemini wheels. Only option is a tow hitch.

Delivery date pulled in from Oct 2-20 to Sep 28-30 over the weekend. VIN assigned. I've been scrambling to complete paperwork and financing. All good to go now. Expecting home delivery tomorrow!
And they dropped off our car an hour ago. Everything looks good. The only imperfection that is even worth noting is one of the headlights doesn't sit flush with the body (slightly elevated). Oh well, no biggie; can't even notice visually. September build, 29 miles on the odometer, wheels still had that original residue. So they didn't wash the car beforehand, which I much prefer as I'm pretty AR about swirls caused by poor washing/drying.

Love it!

And they dropped off our car an hour ago. Everything looks good. The only imperfection that is even worth noting is one of the headlights doesn't sit flush with the body (slightly elevated). Oh well, no biggie; can't even notice visually. September build, 29 miles on the odometer, wheels still had that original residue. So they didn't wash the car beforehand, which I much prefer as I'm pretty AR about swirls caused by poor washing/drying.

Love it!
Congratulations!! I'm sure it was worth the wait.
MYLR5/White/black interior/no FSD/ no Tow
OD July 25 EDD 11/12 to 12/02 still no VIN.