Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery times of Tesla Model-Y (June-July orders)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally !! woke up to an email from Tesla asking me to make final payment (email came in @ 2AM). Logged in and got the blue button to "Proceed with Delivery" ..

Old EDD: Oct 10 - 24
New EDD Oct 20- 23
Model Year 2021
VIN 5YJYGDEE6MF286XXX

Was able to download MVPA since I was set to Cash for payment. Have to call Tesla and switch to financing.
I also chose Cash when I ordered and will be financing in the end. What final payment is required to be paid immediately outside of that $100 order deposit? Or can we pay when we pickup the car?

For example if I am putting $5000 down and financing the rest, would I pay that when the email comes or at delivery? That’ll help me plan my finances, thanks!

I also chose Cash when I ordered and will be financing in the end. What final payment is required to be paid immediately outside of that $100 order deposit? Or can we pay when we pickup the car?

For example if I am putting $5000 down and financing the rest, would I pay that when the email comes or at delivery? That’ll help me plan my finances, thanks!

When you call Tesla to switch to finance (do this only after you get your VIN), Tesla rep will ask you how much you are financing .. you tell them the amount and in few minutes it will reflect on your account (i didnt do any downpayment so for me it was the full amount). You will have 2 amounts - 1 financed and the rest will show up as Amount due (your down payment of $5000)

Now the down payment amount you can do an ACH transfer prior to delivery (directly from your Tesla account page) or use Plaid to transfer it after you inspect the car (recommend this) or take a certified check - best to clear it out with your SA once you get a VIN and schedule delivery.

if you are financing from Tesla then they take care of everything and if you financing from your own bank, then you will take a check (that the Bank will mail you) along with you at delivery. Hope I didnt confuse you :) .. a quick call to Tesla might also help (that is what i did this morning after I got the VIN)

Update: Oct 5. Still no EDD whatsoever! My account simply says: "We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date. Delivery time frame is based on order date, profile submission, delivery location and vehicle configuration."

Also, back in early Sept I dropped FSD from my order (no other changes, just dropped FSD) and Tesla reset my purchase price to the current price at that time and thus my purchase agreement is now $1000 more than when I ordered on July 5!
Update 2: My SA (who is great!) concluded with his team that the $1000 upcharge when I removed FSD was incorrect and Tesla reset my purchase price to the original purchase price I was quoted in July.

My EDD still is missing. This may also have been affected when I dropped FSD. Tesla is working to see if they can restore my place in line. I will keep posting updates here.

What are signs of shut down? In any case would be terrific if we got some random upgrades for Oct/Nov deliveries!
Any shutdown, for any reason, will be news blasted the world over. What the reason might be will rarely be accurately reported. But better, look for:
1. Reduction in the piles of front megacasts in Fremont. Watch the drone flyovers posted on YouTube, which have not shown the castings since late August
2. noise from the Tesla fanboy sites (Teslarati, Electrek, etc)
3. any announcements from Tesla (Elon tweets, etc)
4. Listen to the Virtual Shareholder meeting 10/7 at GigaTexas, the GigaBerlin event this weekend 10/9, the Earnings Call 10/26 or 27.

I ordered on 7/6, profile completion 7/6. Config - MY-Red on white/Gemini/5 Seater/FSD. Original EDD was August10- 27, it moved around couple of times between Aug-19 and Nov-4 in last couple of weeks. last week my date came down to 2 weeks window Oct-7 to 23 and yesterday I saw on my account that VIN is assigned. EDD is now showing Oct 17-23.
Does this means that my delivery is near? how accurate is 1 week EDD?

I ordered on 7/6, profile completion 7/6. Config - MY-Red on white/Gemini/5 Seater/FSD. Original EDD was August10- 27, it moved around couple of times between Aug-19 and Nov-4 in last couple of weeks. last week my date came down to 2 weeks window Oct-7 to 23 and yesterday I saw on my account that VIN is assigned. EDD is now showing Oct 17-23.
You should be good to go shortly

congrats on your vin! May I ask, is it a 2022 vin? (Contains N letter)