Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery times of Tesla Model-Y (June-July orders)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model Y LR, White, Black & White, 19", five seats, no hitch, Massachusetts.
Ordered Tuesday July 13 with a projected October delivery; one day later the website presented a window of September 12 - September 30. Yesterday (7/23) dates changed to September 06 - September 26. Today the dates disappeared.

Seems like this isn't uncommon.
Almost exactly my build (we spec’ed the hitch) and shifts in EDD. I know EDD doesn’t mean much, but having it disappear completely isn’t confidence inspiring.

Why is this happening? The reason could range from:
GigaTexas is coming online, and production needs to be reallocated between the two factories.
They ran out of a key component and projected production delays must be integrated into the estimated delivery dates.

That said, it is most likely somewhere in the middle, which means this is nothing more than a recalculation as part of the iterative algorithm.

Reactions: ajs847
Ordered 6/9 and completed profile same day.

Delivery​

• Delivery date: August 03 - August 23
  • Previous delivery dates:
    • July 24 - August 09
    • July 23 - August 09
    • July 22 - August 09
    • July 21 - August 09
    • July 20 - August 09
    • July 19 - August 08
    • August 23 - September 12
    • August 24 - September 13
    • August 31 - September 20
    • August 23 - September 12
    • August 16 - September 05
I had the same time as you and mine just got moved up. Hbu?

Woke up this morning to a July 26 - Aug 9 EDD from a September 13-30 EDD. Was pretty happy until I called my SA, she asked the delivery manager and said my car was scheduled for the last week in September 😢😩

Lesson: don't call your SA right away and savor the brief moment of happiness.

Reactions: tsam23