Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery times of Tesla Model-Y (June-July orders)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is the opposite of the conventional wisdom. Tesla wants as many cars delivered as possible by the end of a quarter, so the ones that take longer to deliver get shipped first. Europe, East Coast then West Coast. Model Ys aren't currently exported to Europe, so East Coast should get them first.

Mine too. It was 9/12-9/30 yesterday. OD 6/20/21
Me too. went to October today.

My EDD keeps moving. It was mid-September and then moved up after I received a VIN number about 8 days ago. Then every time I hit the first day on the window it keeps moving back (8/4-8/9 ➡️ 8/7-8/15 ➡️ 8/10/-8/15). I need to switch over the payment method because my trade-in offer expired and I don't want to financing to expire too. Chip shortage and supply/demand issues be damned. Delivery is for Southern California.

My EDD keeps moving. It was mid-September and then moved up after I received a VIN number about 8 days ago. Then every time I hit the first day on the window it keeps moving back (8/4-8/9 ➡️ 8/7-8/15 ➡️ 8/10/-8/15). I need to switch over the payment method because my trade-in offer expired and I don't want to financing to expire too. Chip shortage and supply/demand issues be damned. Delivery is for Southern California.
I'm in a similar situation as far as the dates, but no VIN yet. Weird you received the VIN and the dates are still being pushed back. Have you talked to your Tesla Advisor?

I am in Charlotte also, and have a white/white performance ordered. My EDD is currently Aug 20 - Sept 15th, and was Aug 19th-Sept 15th yesterday. Tesla is asking for proof of insurance now, but says the VIN must be listed on the policy. Imagine I will get the VIN a few days before actual delivery though.
I am in Charlotte also, and have a white/white performance ordered. My EDD is currently Aug 20 - Sept 15th, and was Aug 19th-Sept 15th yesterday. Tesla is asking for proof of insurance now, but says the VIN must be listed on the policy. Imagine I will get the VIN a few days before actual delivery though.
Order my MYP White, black interios on 08-05-21, showed 6-8 weeks initially, went to August 20 - September 4th, then August 21 - September 10, and just today switched back to 6-8 weeks. I was exicted about the range, but now I don't know what to think. I'm in Knoxville, TN BTW.

If you have an order on hold and take it off hod does that put you with an earlier delivery than if you ordered today? Anyone know?
If your order has been on hold it does NOT put you in an earlier delivery date. The order only begins once you have released it and completed your profile. If you release it today, you may see it in December. However, several Tesla folks have stated that any MY ordered now, will likely be delivered in 2022.

We are living VERY similar lives… I’ve had the late Sept/disappear/Oct cycle happen 3 times now, usually over the weekend. Will be keeping a close eye on your VIN/delivery, helpfully I’m right behind you!

Thanks E30. I think it’s beneficial to post the date changes so we can sketch out the pattern of changes. It won’t make the car arrive any sooner, but it’s good to see what’s happening with similar orders.

Ordered 7/27 - MYLR, Red with Black interior, 19” Gemini Wheels, 5-Seater, No Tow and No FSD. Website initially said November. Checked on 8/02 and it changed to December. Looked again today and it still says December.

Odd how some people get theirs rather quickly, while others with similar specs have to wait so long. My sis-in-law lives in West LA and she ordered in early March this year and got it 10 days later. She has a MYLR, MSM with Black interior, 5-seater Inductions, Tow and No FSD. Another friend who lives one city over (Lomita, CA) ordered on June 23 and got it on Friday, August 6. She has a MYLR, Blue with Black, 5 seater, Geminis, No Tow and No FSD. Based on their experiences, they both think mine will come sometime in September, but I highly doubt it.