Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery times of Tesla Model-Y (June-July orders)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did not actually do an official test drive with Tesla. I only "test" drove my siblings' cars.
As others have suggested, a quick visit to the showroom/delivery center maybe worthwhile to connect with an SA. The SA we were assigned has been helpful even though they are Las Vegas based and we’re taking delivery in Austin. When I had some detailed questions on delivery, the SA connected me to a delivery manager (also Las Vegas based) that has been helpful and responsive.

You could also just raise this through chat on the Tesla website, but connecting with a local SA may have better results.

Reactions: DDubbsEV
In regards to getting your car at a DC and then having them possibly fix issues, my SA said this:

Attachments

• 1.jpeg
    1.jpeg
    68.7 KB · Views: 86
Reactions: Suhleese
Gain a day, lose a day.
All these little changes simply keep us engaged , and something to talk about, while we wait.

Model Y LR, White, White, 19", five seats, no hitch, no FSD, Massachusetts.
Ordered Tuesday July 13 with a projected October delivery; one day later the website presented a window of September 12 - September 30.
  • July 23: The dates changed to September 06 - September 26.
  • July 24: The dates disappeared.
  • July 30: The dates returned, and they moved up to August 22- September 11.
  • August 1: The dates moved back to September 12 - September 30.
  • August 2: Estimated delivery: October.
  • August 4: Estimated delivery disappeared again.
  • August 8: Estimated delivery: October returned.
  • August 10: The dates returned, now September 13 - September 30.
  • August 11: The dates moved back a month to October 11 - October 31.
  • August 12: The dates moved ahead one day to October 10 - October 30.
  • August 15: The dates moved back one day to October 11 - October 31.

Stayed steady today at Oct 12 - November 1. Original estimate at order was the general October and aside from a few early hopeful days of mid-September, a few blank days, and one extending into the first full week of November I have been pretty solidly inside of October. Can’t complain because I knew what I was getting into when I ordered, but it’s definitely an exercise in managing the need for instant gratification!!

Today marks my first full month waiting. I know I have (at least) two months of waiting and watching EDDs go all over the board, but I’ll continue to pass it watching others’ excitement as they get their VINs, share pics of their new rides, and reassure me that it’s all worth the wait.

Have a good week ahead everyone!

So I just called my local Tesla store and talked to someone. He was able to give me what I HOPE is much more accurate information. He said I should expect to see a VIN assigned in the next 2 weeks and delivery in about 4 weeks. If this holds true, then basically pay no attention to the automated EDD on the website. It means nothing.

Reactions: DZMY and MBx4
So I just called my local Tesla store and talked to someone. He was able to give me what I HOPE is much more accurate information. He said I should expect to see a VIN assigned in the next 2 weeks and delivery in about 4 weeks. If this holds true, then basically pay no attention to the automated EDD on the website. It means nothing.
When did you order, and what specs?

VIN 248XX
You should be assigned one. Who should reach out to you via email. If you live close by a showroom you can drop by and ask them to look them up. I went today to get my MYP fix test drive 😁
I didn’t think I would get one either, since I ordered online. I never got an email or anything. About 2 weeks after I ordered I got a call from Nevada and almost didn’t pick up because I didn’t need my car warranty extended ;) Glad I did because it was my SA, he also text me so I would have his info handy. He actually told me not to go crazy with the dates popping in and out. Jorge was a pretty straight forward guy but had no new news or updates for me.
I feel like I am in the waiting room at the end of Bettlejuice, waiting to be called on 🤣

Tesla Delivery Dates
Order date: 7/17/2021

7/17-8/4October
8/49/21-9/30
8/5-8/7No Date
8/8October
8/9October
8/109/29-9/30
8/119/29-9/30
8/129/29-9/30
8/1310/11-10/31
8/1410/06-10/26
8/1510/06-10/26
8/16 - 30 days10/06-10/26

has stayed the same for the past three days but who knows when it will change again🥴

Reactions: Looree