Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery times of Tesla Model-Y (June-July orders)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MYLR peeps - I got my VIN today - totally unexpected for a 7/17 OD!

No documents available and EDD shows Sept 5-7 (Labor Day weekend?!). This after a very stable week of EDD at Oct 12 - Nov 1.

VIN is 256XXX (very close to 257XXX).
Awesome! I wonder if you were VIN matched, or…. Never mind, no logic behind the delivery times that I can think of. :)
I have the exact same specs as you, order date 6/7, no VIN, EDD has been sitting at 9/5-9/25 for a couple of weeks.
I’m happy for you!!

Help me understand the vin numbers and what they mean. I see peopl

Help me understand please, what is the VIN number difference 257XXX from 256XXX?
I believe 257xxx is the newest VINs that were just produced in the last day or two. 256xxx signifies that it was produced maybe a few days earlier. If, on the other hand you got matched to a car with a VIN of 24xxx, it’s likely you got a inventory car or delivery cancelled car was built a few weeks ago.

I believe 257xxx is the newest VINs that were just produced in the past few days. 256xxx signifies that it was produced maybe a few days or 1 week earlier. If, on the other hand you got matched to a car with a VIN of 24xxx, it’s likely you got a inventory car that was built a few weeks/months ago.
So as long as it's 25XXXX, then it should be a more recent build, right?

I believe 257xxx is the newest VINs that were just produced in the last day or two. 256xxx signifies that it was produced maybe a few days earlier. If, on the other hand you got matched to a car with a VIN of 24xxx, it’s likely you got a inventory car or delivery cancelled car was built a few weeks ago.
Okay, thank for the super fast response. Now I know...and knowing is half the battle!

I believe 257xxx is the newest VINs that were just produced in the past few days. 256xxx signifies that it was produced maybe a few days or 1 week earlier. If, on the other hand you got matched to a car with a VIN of 24xxx, it’s likely you got a inventory car that was built a few weeks/months ago.
So as long as it's 25XXXX, then it should be a more recent build, right?
Yes, from what I can tell everything 25XXX and newer was probably built in the last 2-3 weeks or less

I think he/she was saying that it was closer to 257000 than 256000. ie: 2568xx or 2569xx. Later in the 256xxx range. There are no changes in anything since 225xxx and HEPA was added.

I'm hoping they don't update the door trim prior to my delivery. White looks great with the current, and that is why I'm hoping for delivery sooner rather than later.

Reactions: DZMY and MTBevrider
MYLR peeps - I got my VIN today - totally unexpected for a 7/17 OD!

No documents available and EDD shows Sept 5-7 (Labor Day weekend?!). This after a very stable week of EDD at Oct 12 - Nov 1.

VIN is 256XXX (very close to 257XXX).
Congrats!!!
Ordered 7/12! There is hope after all… my EDD has been sitting at early October for close to 10 days.

I think he/she was saying that it was closer to 257000 than 256000. ie: 2568xx or 2569xx. Later in the 256xxx range. There are no changes in anything since 225xxx and HEPA was added.

I'm hoping they don't update the door trim prior to my delivery. White looks great with the current, and that is why I'm hoping for delivery sooner rather than later.
This. Sorry if I caused any confusion, I was just saying that the serial number was closer to 257XXX, as in it is 2569XX…

Ordered MY LR (MSM, Induction, black interior, no FSD) on June 8th. Got my VIN August 20. Delivery shows Sep 4-6. Anyone's guess what the actual delivery date will be, but overall looks like it will take 3 months, which was just a smidge over the high end of the 8-13 week estimate when I ordered.
You might able to pickup within 1st or 2nd week of September. I ordered June 9th, received Vin on 8/14, delivery date 8/27.

Reactions: alekaras