Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery times of Tesla Model-Y (June-July orders)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
no order fee again but you do pay the price for a perf which has been pretty constant, only matters if you bought before LR price increase and you want new config
My curiosity must ask, what 3 digits for the vin? Curious because it seems that getting a vin that fast must be an inventory model that someone turned down. Either way, all that matters is your happy with the choice. Yeah for me my LR was at the lowest price $48,990. No way I’m giving that up, more bang when I eventually sell it to upgrade.

Reactions: telsasan
How do you actually 'swap' it? I see no option on my current order to edit the design anymore.
Must contact your store and request the change or some people just add the new model as normal and cancel the other (granted this method means you lose $100). It does come down to the person who does it if you will get charged a fee (fee is added in but rarely talked about so always double check).

Attachments

• 3E60C8AC-D714-434D-88A5-8F116844B9C3.jpeg
    3E60C8AC-D714-434D-88A5-8F116844B9C3.jpeg
    48.1 KB · Views: 55
Joining the crowd with the generic October EDD:

Model Y LR, White, White, 19", five seats, no hitch, no FSD, Massachusetts.
Ordered Tuesday July 13 with a projected October delivery; one day later the website presented a window of September 12 - September 30.

• July 23: The dates changed to September 06 - September 26.
  • July 24: The dates disappeared.
  • July 30: The dates returned, and they moved up to August 22- September 11.
  • August 1: The dates moved back to September 12 - September 30.
  • August 2: Estimated delivery: October.
  • August 4: Estimated delivery disappeared again.
  • August 8: Estimated delivery: October returned.
  • August 10: The dates returned, now September 13 - September 30.
  • August 11: The dates moved back a month to October 11 - October 31.
  • August 12: The dates moved ahead one day to October 10 - October 30.
  • August 15: The dates moved back one day to October 11 - October 31.
  • August 18: The dates moved back five days to October 16 – November 05.
  • August 27: Estimated delivery: October.

As I mentioned in the Cali thread, I was bumped to "January." And I wasn't the only one with a July order to get bumped... but I'm thinking it will still be December.

It's almost as if Tesla is testing our patience to see how many reservation holders decide to jump-ship.
Juggling factories is a logistics nightmare. When does Giga Texas come online? Will suppliers be able to keep up? Will Fremont get a re-fit to make the new MY config? When?
It's all a moving target and the algorithms generating the EDD can't keep up.
Honestly, I'd rather get a MY with the new Front + Rear megacasts anyway. It will be lighter (range and performance improved), and the fit/finish will be better, more consistent.
So 'January' probably isn't a bad thing.

Reactions: Falcon73
My dates moved from Nov 1-21 to October, but I also noticed that credit line was already opened with Chase bank and they made payments towards my car on 8/20. How it is even legal? View attachment 702220
There’s definitely something wrong here. I would call both Tesla and chase to see what’s going on. For reference my reservation says “amount financed” in that field. This looks like a pretty egregious error