Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery times of Tesla Model-Y (June-July orders)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My EDD swung back to "October" this morning. Although I welcome it over the late November-December range I had been sitting on for my June order. Hopefully those July orders seeing generic "January" dates have the same swing back.

I'm at 69 days since ordering, so I'm figuring (hoping) that it's maybe a few weeks away from delivery
Hope so too!!

As I mentioned in the Cali thread, I was bumped to "January." And I wasn't the only one with a July order to get bumped... but I'm thinking it will still be December.

It's almost as if Tesla is testing our patience to see how many reservation holders decide to jump-ship.
Just checked today, EDD bumped to January with a July 24th order date and MYLR W/W. Used to show Oct 18-Nov 07

Or it’s just another wacky weekend with Tesla which has been documented happening for months.

Relax

The interns will update the EDD’s on Monday or Tuesday.
Says the dude with a VIN. Usually not all most orders are hit like this time. Just from my 6 months of observation.

There is also the chance there is a major change over happening (maybe front castings from TX brought in and they are retrofitting Fremont to use them.) I’m a dreamer.

Last edited:
Reactions: paramer
Says the dude with a VIN. Usually not all orders are hit like this time. Just from my 6 months of observation.

There is also the chance there is a major change over happening (maybe front castings from TX brought in and they are retrofitting Fremont to use them.) I’m a dreamer.
Well, seeing the flyovers, there ARE a pile of front castings at Fremont, to go with the usual rears.
I'd really like you to be on target with that speculation of a Fremont changeover. But it's doubtful.
Why shut down the line when they're so backordered? The only possible reason would be a supplier hangup that would shut it anyway. So do the changeover.....

Reactions: paramer
Gosh I love Joe. Gives me the news I want to see.

That pre-pro started as a BiW (body in white) delivered to Austin 3 weeks ago. It was painted and all general assembly was done in Austin. No stamping/welding etc.
Progress being made at Giga Texas, but a ways to go.
I'm MORE interested in the TWO CHASSIS shown on the line behind #1 !!!! There's more going on ....

OD 7/12 MYLR grey black interior tow hitch. EDD just this week October 14-nov2. Few days later nov11 to dec 2. Today “October” there’s a lot going on in Tesla land right now I’d like to believe what the website stated when ever you ordered your vehicle is when you should get delivery give or take two weeks. When I ordered on 7/12 it stated October, I’m hoping guessing it will be towards the end of October to mid November time will tell. This forum is very entertaining:)

Reactions: DZMY
Placed MY order on 7/3. Was sitting on EDD 9/15-9/30 since Aug 13 .. now to the generic October date since yesterday. Hoping it reverts to my old dates Mon/Tues ... wishful thinking i guess ... aaaaaaah .... the wait!!!

Model MYLR | Ext White | Int Black | Seats 5 | Wheels 19" | Tow Yes | FSD No |
OD 7/3 | Profile Complete 7/3 | Location: CT | VIN No | Delivery Mt Kisko, NY

EDD Sept 15-30 (since 8/13) October

Here's perhaps an unusual story... I ordered my Model Y (blue LR, black interior, 5 seats, no tow) on July 6, completed my profile immediately. My EDD has been all over the place, as is true for all of us I gather, and currently sits at Sept 9-26.

Earlier in August I participated in a Zoom call for new owners, an orientation of sorts, that Tesla invited me to. I gathered it originated in Houston (I am in West Texas) and the Customer Experience Manager there offered his email address and his help with followup questions. I sent him my order number, and he seemed able to look up the build process for my order and report back to me with THAT EDD... which was always different (later) from the EDD on my account.

I reached out a second time this past week... at the time my EDD was Sept 01-17... and he said my "ETA is now showing a late October arrival", and "unless there are any unexpected supply issues" he didn't see me waiting until January.

Yikes! January? But still... is his information more accurate than what my account page shows? And why would they consistently be so far off from each other?

p.s. I will add that if my delivery date extends later into the year, I can't help wondering if I might get one of the Austin built model Y's, with whatever up-to-date changes might be included from that factory?

OD 7/12 MYLR grey black interior tow hitch. EDD just this week October 14-nov2. Few days later nov11 to dec 2. Today “October” there’s a lot going on in Tesla land right now I’d like to believe what the website stated when ever you ordered your vehicle is when you should get delivery give or take two weeks. When I ordered on 7/12 it stated October, I’m hoping guessing it will be towards the end of October to mid November time will tell. This forum is very entertaining:)
When I released my order (completed the order) on 7/12 it said 4-8 weeks….. I hope it that it will be coming around week 8, which is 9/6…. But I’m not counting on it…

Reactions: Nikola369
Here's perhaps an unusual story... I ordered my Model Y (blue LR, black interior, 5 seats, no tow) on July 6, completed my profile immediately. My EDD has been all over the place, as is true for all of us I gather, and currently sits at Sept 9-26.

Earlier in August I participated in a Zoom call for new owners, an orientation of sorts, that Tesla invited me to. I gathered it originated in Houston (I am in West Texas) and the Customer Experience Manager there offered his email address and his help with followup questions. I sent him my order number, and he seemed able to look up the build process for my order and report back to me with THAT EDD... which was always different (later) from the EDD on my account.

I reached out a second time this past week... at the time my EDD was Sept 01-17... and he said my "ETA is now showing a late October arrival", and "unless there are any unexpected supply issues" he didn't see me waiting until January.

Yikes! January? But still... is his information more accurate than what my account page shows? And why would they consistently be so far off from each other?

p.s. I will add that if my delivery date extends later into the year, I can't help wondering if I might get one of the Austin built model Y's, with whatever up-to-date changes might be included from that factory?
that’s so odd that they had you participate in a “new owner” Orientation. I’ve never heard of that before…

Reactions: Nikola369 and DZMY
that’s so odd that they had you participate in a “new owner” Orientation. I’ve never heard of that before…
Well, that's ALSO interesting, if that was unusual. I have to admit to you it wasn't very useful. I suspect I am like many are on this forum and have spent quite a bit of time online watching videos and staying up with news. Had I not done that their "basics" tutorial would have been quite useful. But I can't say I learned anything. It was a Powerpoint presentation so slides were static... the narrator would say "so click here in your app" to do this, and of course we watching had no idea where he was clicking as the image remained the same. But this guy has been helpful to me, so it was not a waste of time... I do not know if he is a Support Advisor (and do you get "one" SA? or whoever answers the phone/text/email you send?) but his email signature said Customer Experience Manager so is that more like a salesman or sales manager in a traditional dealership?

Reactions: MTBevrider
Well, that's ALSO interesting, if that was unusual. I have to admit to you it wasn't very useful. I suspect I am like many are on this forum and have spent quite a bit of time online watching videos and staying up with news. Had I not done that their "basics" tutorial would have been quite useful. But I can't say I learned anything. It was a Powerpoint presentation so slides were static... the narrator would say "so click here in your app" to do this, and of course we watching had no idea where he was clicking as the image remained the same. But this guy has been helpful to me, so it was not a waste of time... I do not know if he is a Support Advisor (and do you get "one" SA? or whoever answers the phone/text/email you send?) but his email signature said Customer Experience Manager so is that more like a salesman or sales manager in a traditional dealership?
Interesting! Thank you for sharing!

1630267605417.png

Pez dispensing front and rear casting. For all those worried about October, meh. You’ve been on the ride this long, relax and let’s see what September brings us. Personally I’m glad, give me that gigatexas model (yes, I’ve changed my mind about gigatexas and much happier about them over Fremont).