Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery times of Tesla Model-Y (June-July orders)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey, 6/6 order here, had a very similar experience to what you are describing except mine is now showing late Oct-early Nov.
At this point I do not trust anything the SAs tell me. Ive had “soft matches” in July, Aug, Sept, none of which have meant anything. I originally had a trade in with Tesla, the second time I had to update the odometer they never provided me an updated quote, so I just cancelled the trade in because I was concerned their incompetence would cause me to go back in the queue. I am giving it until the first week of October for a VIN, then I am cutting my losses and getting another ICE car.

If you go over to the current delivery times thread you will find about 1700 pages of us complaining, commiserating, and crying about the whole ordering process. Best of luck to you and I hope it stabilizes for you real soon!
Not at all your fault, but I think the Trade in expiration/renewal has impacted your delivery window. Good call to cancel the trade in. Just let the order sit without any modifications (Finance/Trade/Etc...) until your VIN comes in.

"Soft Matches" are just the SA's version of your EDD. They move, and your EDD moves. I think the soft match is what your EDD is based off of. It will change just as often as your EDD. Pay no attention to any "Soft Match" your SA may give you. My soft match (in June) was 8/12. Happened to be the middle of my EDD window at the time. Useless information.

Not at all your fault, but I think the Trade in expiration/renewal has impacted your delivery window. Good call to cancel the trade in. Just let the order sit without any modifications (Finance/Trade/Etc...) until your VIN comes in.

"Soft Matches" are just the SA's version of your EDD. They move, and your EDD moves. I think the soft match is what your EDD is based off of. It will change just as often as your EDD. Pay no attention to any "Soft Match" your SA may give you. My soft match (in June) was 8/12. Happened to be the middle of my EDD window at the time. Useless information.
I tend to agree with you regarding the trade in doing something to my spot in the queue.

Mid July - EDD goes from Early August to mid Sept
Late July - Trade In Expires Again, waited a week for Tesla to approve before I cancelled the trade in over concerns that I would get bumped to the back waiting for them. EDD stays Mid Sept.
1 Week Later - EDD goes to 2 - 25 Oct for 1 Day. Call Tesla, Tesla confirms 6 June Profile Completion and assures me I have done everything I need to and that I will get a VIN “any day now”. EDD returns to Mid Sept the next day and stays there until Late August.
Late August - EDD swings to 20 Oct - 9 Nov. Called Tesla again and explains supply shortages, etc, and that my profile is complete and specifically that my trade in did not affect the change. EDD has been consistent since.

I dont believe a word that comes from a Tesla employee.

I tend to agree with you regarding the trade in doing something to my spot in the queue.

Mid July - EDD goes from Early August to mid Sept
Late July - Trade In Expires Again, waited a week for Tesla to approve before I cancelled the trade in over concerns that I would get bumped to the back waiting for them. EDD stays Mid Sept.
1 Week Later - EDD goes to 2 - 25 Oct for 1 Day. Call Tesla, Tesla confirms 6 June Profile Completion and assures me I have done everything I need to and that I will get a VIN “any day now”. EDD returns to Mid Sept the next day and stays there until Late August.
Late August - EDD swings to 20 Oct - 9 Nov. Called Tesla again and explains supply shortages, etc, and that my profile is complete and specifically that my trade in did not affect the change. EDD has been consistent since.

I dont believe a word that comes from a Tesla employee.
I have a trade in as well and order date of 6/3. My dates have shifted very similar to yours. My SA has told me the same about my profile but it's hard to believe them when you see the exact same builds with later order dates being delivered.

So basically it looks like I’m the only June order here with a nov 20-dec 20 edd???? Who are we kidding with the dec 20.. it’s going to get pushed to 2022 for sure 😩
Are you sure nothing changed at all on your order since you completed your profile (should be asking for proof of instance)? Did you have a financing application expire? Maybe a trade-in expire? Did you switch from Financing to cash? It's likely that something happened and triggered a reset on your "profile" completion date.

I think most June orders that aren't getting slotted in to EOQ should be targeting an October EDD window (assuming your profile date is still June).

Last edited:
Reactions: DZMY and Firocity