Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery times of Tesla Model-Y (June-July orders)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered a MYLR on 7/1/21 and got sick of waiting so I ordered the MYP 3 weeks ago and took delivery yesterday.

I never canceled my MYLR order and it currently has an Estimated Delivery of October 25 - November 14.

Posting here to see if anybody wants to take over my reservation. See attached for build details and financials.

DM me if you're interested.

FYI, this order was placed before the $1000 price hike. Looking to recoup my deposit and $500. Spoke with my SA and the transfer process is very simple. DM me if you're interested. View attachment 706672View attachment 706675

Reactions: DanJae
Ordered a MYLR on 7/1/21 and got sick of waiting so I ordered the MYP 3 weeks ago and took delivery yesterday.

I never canceled my MYLR order and it currently has an Estimated Delivery of October 25 - November 14.

Posting here to see if anybody wants to take over my reservation. See attached for build details and financials.

FYI, this order was placed before the $1000 price hike. Looking to recoup my deposit and $500. Spoke with my SA and the transfer process is very simple. DM me if you're interested. View attachment 706672View attachment 706675
Hello all -

My first post as I am currently on the Tesla MY roller coaster as well :O My order was on hold for awhile around COVID and finally placed my official order in 03/2021 but sadly didnt complete my profile until 07/11/2021 (so I think that’s my date). As others have obseved ,mostly had Sept dates the past few months (Sept 16-30th up until this am) then as goheb observed shifted to Oct 25-Nov 14. Do we have any idea what dates are currently being provided vehicles; seems to be all over the map?

Anxiously awaiting my MYLR!

My understanding is that transferring a reservation is not possible except to (maybe) a family member. Many people have tried to do this and failed. How did your SA describe this process?
Do we have any idea what dates are currently being provided vehicles; seems to be all over the map?
While there is no real pattern being adhered to here, (generally) people are waiting 90-100 days from OD for MYLR and a few weeks for MYP.

Location matters (1st month of quarter= not many deliveries/export, 2nd month= lots of east coast deliveries, 3rd month= typically skews closer to west coast mid-month as Tesla tries to complete every delivery they can before end of quarter).

Config matters. Most people believe cars are produced in batches based on paint color/interior color and seating config. If there is a shortage in any of these options/paint, there is usually a delay (there has been reports that white interior, MSM paint, 7 seaters, and tow hitch) have been delayed somewhat due to shortages.

VIN this morning 👍. 268XXX. EDD changed to 9/16-9/22 from 9/16-9/29 last night. Excited doesn’t even begin to describe … now the wait begins and also the prep work to bring home this beauty. Good luck y’all!!!
Interesting - my EDD is 9/15-30 but no VIN yet. I expect I'll see it and a tightening of the EDD around the same time, but I'd expect people with similar EDDs to get VINs around the same time as well. I'm curious if anyone is already in their EDD window without a VIN...?

Fair point. But I just figured they'd probably break something when they did the retrofit 🤡

Then again, due to the Fluidity of Money Theory (tm) the installation during the order is free, whereas the post delivery installation is $1200
I like the way you think. It's like when my wife says that we just saved $thousands when she returns a bunch of things she's ordered over a month ago and I think we just gave these stores a massive loan, interest free.

So basically it looks like I’m the only June order here with a nov 20-dec 20 edd???? Who are we kidding with the dec 20.. it’s going to get pushed to 2022 for sure 😩
Mine says Nov 14 - Dec 4.

Ordered on June 12 but didn't compete profile till late July because my SA was telling me not to until I was closer to my initial EDD (Aug).

from what I've seen order date doesn't matter, but profile completion date does.

Interesting - my EDD is 9/15-30 but no VIN yet. I expect I'll see it and a tightening of the EDD around the same time, but I'd expect people with similar EDDs to get VINs around the same time as well. I'm curious if anyone is already in their EDD window without a VIN...?
My EDD came close to Sep 5 - Sep 18th, On Sep 6 it moved to Sep 8 - Sep 22, hoping it's for real and I will get Vin soon.... but it's Tesla...

Interested in taking over. Newb here so unsure how to DM you.

Bro same in NY also wtf. But I don’t want performance because it sits lower. And my buddy has that and already went through like 3 rims and tires lol

Just spoke to tesla customer support and they said mine may push out to October but same time she mentioned the end of the quarter they are doing lots of delivery so there is still a chance for me. So wait for the car continues.....

Had that also and just checked today and it’s now October again. I’m gonna scream. Yet Tesla advisor says don’t believe that and it will still come in September but no VIN

Delivery day!! Say hello to Felix (as in Allyson Felix, cuz she’s FAST).

0B05C901-1BBD-4C07-90CE-0876EB5C4B18.jpeg

Super smooth home delivery. Couple of relatively small issues to address, but loving the car so far!! Hang tight everyone!!