Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery times of Tesla Model-Y (June-July orders)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered my MYLR5, MSM/white, tow hitch on June 19. Got my first VIN on July 9 and put order on hold. Took the order off hold in early August, got a second VIN on August 10. Vehicle arrived at delivery center August 21 and delivery was scheduled for August 28. Had to pass so car went back into the queue for the next person. They also had to pass (ironically, due to a very similar circumstance) so my sales advisor was able to pull the car back to my reservation and I took delivery on Sept. 4.

Reactions: DanJae and jebinc
Ordered my MYLR5, MSM/white, tow hitch on June 19. Got my first VIN on July 9 and put order on hold. Took the order off hold in early August, got a second VIN on August 10. Vehicle arrived at delivery center August 21 and delivery was scheduled for August 28. Had to pass so car went back into the queue for the next person. They also had to pass (ironically, due to a very similar circumstance) so my sales advisor was able to pull the car back to my reservation and I took delivery on Sept. 4.
So, you ordered after some of us and got three VINs while we cant even get SAs to answer our calls our emails and have received no VINs.

Tell us your secrets!

Took delivery 3 days ago of a white LR (black interior, gemini)

Issues so far:

- Audio system was delivered non functional. 2 front speakers work. No other speakers, nor subwoofer nor microphone functional. Tech had to order a new Amp and another part....waiting until next week to replace.
- Steering wheel not aligned to centre (slightly)
- Buffetting booming noise from rear hatch (I have a huge headache after driving the past few days). I've finally adjusted the stoppers on the rear hatch, hopefully will resolve.
- Windshield not center (not a huge deal, I think)
- Rear seats don't always detect adults (let alone kids in booster seats) for seat belt warning. This also impacts auto rear hvac.

Panels seem mostly aligned I'm not going to bother as nothing is hitting anything else. But you can tell rear hatch has more gap on one side than the other and driver side door sticks out a few mm in comparison to rear door.

There were a BUNCH of inventory cars that popped up on tesla-info this morning and I gave up on waiting for mine and was able to snag one of those. Different paint color, but I wasn't too concerned about that. VIN 260xxx. Now just have to wait for it to get here from Ohio. So glad the wait is nearly over.
Congrats. You got my build basically. How long will the transport take?

Congrats. You got my build basically. How long will the transport take?
Not sure. I'm going to swing up to the Tesla storefront here in Austin tomorrow and get more info. Another user pointed out that they saw a notice that it had to be picked up in Ohio that I may have missed in my excitement that the listing was still actually available, haha. Even still, I'll gladly fly up to Ohio and drive it back next week. It'll be a good maiden voyage!

Was this new Tesla inventory?
Yes, new Tesla inventory, not demo cars.

Reactions: Sherwood_John
Not sure. I'm going to swing up to the Tesla storefront here in Austin tomorrow and get more info. Another user pointed out that they saw a notice that it had to be picked up in Ohio that I may have missed in my excitement that the listing was still actually available, haha. Even still, I'll gladly fly up to Ohio and drive it back next week. It'll be a good maiden voyage!

Yes, new Tesla inventory, not demo cars.
New inventory should be transportable. Demo vehicles cannot be transported (last I heard).

They should have listed the transportation fee on the page when you made the purchase.

Reactions: Sherwood_John
I hope you all have a day like mine, soon...

I just received the (expected) phone call almost exactly 24 hours prior to my scheduled delivery in Ft. Worth. I'm in Lubbock, and will drive my trade in tomorrow for the exchange. This is at a shopping center where there is a Tesla Gallery. NOTE: my original delivery location was a Supercharger lot in Ft. Worth. Only because I checked my account details daily just to make sure nothing had changed (day, time, location)... that I noticed the location had changed!

This will apparently be one of those "parking garage" deliveries like I have seen in YouTube videos. I'm guessing just about nothing about ordering, purchasing, obtaining and owning of this vehicle will be like any other car I have owned.

I hope you have good news soon! Thanks for your help!

I hope you all have a day like mine, soon...

I just received the (expected) phone call almost exactly 24 hours prior to my scheduled delivery in Ft. Worth. I'm in Lubbock, and will drive my trade in tomorrow for the exchange. This is at a shopping center where there is a Tesla Gallery. NOTE: my original delivery location was a Supercharger lot in Ft. Worth. Only because I checked my account details daily just to make sure nothing had changed (day, time, location)... that I noticed the location had changed!

This will apparently be one of those "parking garage" deliveries like I have seen in YouTube videos. I'm guessing just about nothing about ordering, purchasing, obtaining and owning of this vehicle will be like any other car I have owned.

I hope you have good news soon! Thanks for your help!
Congratulations !!!

Reactions: larryfromtexas