Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery times of Tesla Model-Y (June-July orders)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh! That’s most likely why they have no Teslas for test drives. Well, I’ll just have to wait and see if what that SA told/showed me is true. I saw 11/04 next to “forecasted production” on his screen. Have you received VIN?
Nope... was so hopeful with the 10/18 EDD start but got pushed back to Nov 10 this Monday :(

Maybe the Santana Row or Burlingame can give me more info? I'll see if it's on my route this weekend lol. Or just fingers crossed it moves up

Oh! That’s most likely why they have no Teslas for test drives. Well, I’ll just have to wait and see if what that SA told/showed me is true. I saw 11/04 next to “forecasted production” on his screen. Have you received VIN?
So curious why SA has this terrific visibility into our orders, yet info we receive is clear as mud. I'd rather have a further out delivery date that is accurate than have things move around on me. It's an emotional roller coaster that I'm simply not equipped to handle.

So curious why SA has this terrific visibility into our orders, yet info we receive is clear as mud. I'd rather have a further out delivery date that is accurate than have things move around on me. It's an emotional roller coaster that I'm simply not equipped to handle.
I don't think I've seen any confirmation that what the SA tells you actually comes to pass, people just like hearing it. Just because they have a specific date on their screen doesn't mean that it doesn't dance about just a wildly as the date range you see. This is my third time buying a Tesla, and believe me you are much better off taking the attitude that you're going to get it when you get it (although obviously I'm reading this thread, lol, I just try my best to not get emotionally invested in it).

Reactions: GMAN65 and bplboy
I was able to pick it up 🙂 Then drove it 270 miles home... Quite nerve-racking. 😬(I live that far away from a Tesla delivery center)
My impressions so far:
- Two minor issues: One tail light sticking out farther than the other, and the interior molding around the roof glass having some small tape pieces visible (scheduled a service appt to address them)
- It drives great! Even in chill mode the responsiveness is a great (kept in in chill mode today to reduce chance of getting into an accident)
- One pedal driving becomes natural very quickly
- My number one worry was the suspension everyone is complaining about... But it was great! (19" wheels) Perhaps my previous cars have just had crap suspension :p because it felt very good
- I experienced a few phantom breaks, the adaptive cruise control will take some time to understand. It works best on some types of roads. It seems have most issues at dusk, but that may just be a small sample size. Hopefully a software update improves it.
- Auto high beams works well on small roads, but on multi-lane highways it made odd choices. Hopefully a software update improves it.
Very happy so far!
nice quick first impression/review. were these experiences with phantom breaking is when auto pilot cruise control was used? or is this occur when manually driving as well?

OD: 7/28, Bay Area, MSM-Tow-7seater, EDD: 10/22-11/19.... i have a 28-day window when usually it's 20 days. Does anyone know why this is? Lately, I've been seeing loads of people have their windows change from 20 to 28 or even a whole month long.
I don't "know" why the window is 28 days vs the normal 20 days. I speculated earlier this week that I wonder if it has something to do with the holidays coming up. Probably not, but I have plenty of time to speculate on things as I wait for my Y to show up....EDD is 11/8 - 12/6.