Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery times of Tesla Model-Y (June-July orders)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How can you tell when your profile was completed?
That’s just it, there’s wasn’t anything that I could tell, and I had no way to know.

I will say, when the person on the phone confirmed my lien holder on 10/1, the view changed when I logged in to show that I needed to provide insurance information once I get my VIN. So if you don’t see that screen, your profile may not be 100% complete.

If you get a sympathetic and proactive SA, you can ask them to match you to an inventory vehicle in the same config. They often see inventory before it's posted publicly and can snag it. I've seen it been done for a few folks and you definitely have a very valid case for getting one sooner. Sucks that this happened, especially when you've done the due diligence to confirm everything required was done.
My SA says they now have me on a priority list to get a car that matches my build whenever one becomes available in inventory. I just don’t know if that means it will be in two weeks, or 5 months.

That’s just it, there’s wasn’t anything that I could tell, and I had no way to know.

I will say, when the person on the phone confirmed my lien holder on 10/1, the view changed when I logged in to show that I needed to provide insurance information once I get my VIN. So if you don’t see that screen, your profile may not be 100% complete.
Hm. Well I’ve had my insurance uploaded since I placed my order. But I’m in CA, so a valid insurance for a current car I have is acceptable here.

So I just received a called from my local sales office... I saw "Tesla" on my caller ID and thought "oh *sugar*, here we go!!!". I was so excited. My SA was super cool but basically tells me that they need to re-run my credit report (758 credit score) because my last had expired) They originally ran it on 7/11, then again on 10/08, and now again 10/14. I am so frustrated with the process. I have hit my due date 3 times and am now into it again.

Pray for me and my endurance. Good luck to us all
I think it needs to be widely disseminated that one should always choose cash when you order, and once you have your VIN, then you call an SA to change it to loan, and then work on the loan (credit check, quotes etc). Hopefully, you dont have any issues.

I think it needs to be widely disseminated that one should always choose cash when you order, and once you have your VIN, then you call an SA to change it to loan, and then work on the loan (credit check, quotes etc). Hopefully, you dont have any issues.
I agree with Harrysiims. My rep told me the day I test drove to put cash. Then once VIN is given she will switch over to loan. She also said to wait until then to then add my trade in. So now just waiting to get moved up the queue.

Reactions: Just4Dave
I agree with Harrysiims. My rep told me the day I test drove to put cash. Then once VIN is given she will switch over to loan. She also said to wait until then to then add my trade in. So now just waiting to get moved up the queue.

Yes. I think when I ordered on 7/15, trade in quote was valid for 7 days (without an order).
When I ordered the LFP M3 from the inventory, and checked trade in since I got my VIN right with the order, the quoted trade in value was valid for 30 days or 1000 miles.

I agree, I ordered my car with absolutely no knowledge of how their system worked. I wish someone would have walked me through the process... oh well,

I am thinking of ordering another Tesla as we speak and it may be ready by the time I am ready to trade in this one... jk

I just had my dates pushed again to 18-29 🤞

Yikes. What was the expected delivery month when you ordered? And out of curiosity, what is your delivery location? - there doesn't appear to be any Tesla center in Montana.
The delivery location is Spokane WA. I can't say my SA has been uncommunicative just completely unhelpful.

The expected delivery was for the end of July beginning of August. Had a hang-up on the trade-in part to complete my profile when I ordered as the lien release was never processed by the state so when I went to get a copy of my title (misplaced my original) and it still had the lien on it. Got that cleared up and completed my profile on 6/17. When I completed the profile the EDD was mid to late august. Then it went to the end of september. bounced to just October before going back to the end of September.. then back to the end of October for about 3 weeks before moving to the December dates.