Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery times of Tesla Model-Y (June-July orders)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good Morning Tesla Tribe...

I am now scheduled to pick up my Model Y Friday 10/22/2021 at 3pm in MDR

All the accessories have been purchased and am expecting a flood of amazon packages within the next few days. Like I said in a past post, I buy what I want, when I want! (checks over shoulder to see if wife is around)

I would like to offer up to you all very cheap an alter and golden chalice used to offer up sacrifices to the Tesla gods for a VIN. I am keeping the leftover chickens as they have become part of the family.

Also, want to let you all know I shopped insurance this morning with all the majors and Tesla was cheapest by far and triple A (my current) is by far the most expensive

So, with all this said, good luck to the rest of us, this is a screwy process and it is hard to keep faith.

I will post pics :)

Good Morning Tesla Tribe...

All the accessories have been purchased and am expecting a flood of amazon packages within the next few days. Like I said in a past post, I buy what I want, when I want! (checks over shoulder to see if wife is around)

I would like to offer up to you all very cheap an alter and golden chalice used to offer up sacrifices to the Tesla gods for a VIN. I am keeping the leftover chickens as they have become part of the family.

Also, want to let you all know I shopped insurance this morning with all the majors and Tesla was cheapest by far and triple A (my current) is by far the most expensive

So, with all this said, good luck to the rest of us, this is a screwy process and it is hard to keep faith.

I will post pics :)
How many chickens did you have to sacrifice?

That's great to know! I am in NJ so that Tesla Insurance is not offered here (yet). I believe only CA, TX, and somewhere else?? I heard they have some nifty endorsements/perks with that insurance specific to our vehicles!

I kept my current policy (NJM insurance co.) but I found Progressive to be a good deal as a backup.

Ordered MYLR Wht / Blk, Tow on 7-14 with EDD of 10-18 to 10-29. I received my VIN 297XXXM (2021) early this morning. My concern is taking delivery of 2021 when 2022 model year VIN's may begin as early as next week? SA's don't really know (or won't say) when the model year will actual switch over but history indicates it will happen by end of month October. Is there a way to delay the order without getting pushed to the back of the line?

Reactions: Driver08
Ordered MYLR Wht / Blk, Tow on 7-14 with EDD of 10-18 to 10-29. I received my VIN 297XXXM (2021) early this morning. My concern is taking delivery of 2021 when 2022 model year VIN's may begin as early as next week? SA's don't really know (or won't say) when the model year will actual switch over but history indicates it will happen by end of month October. Is there a way to delay the order without getting pushed to the back of the line?
very likely not. You can ask nicely but probably not

I don't understand why you would do this. Tesla does not do model years like other manufacturers.
You are willing to wait just so that your VIN will show it as a 2022 when there might be zero actual differences?

I don't understand why you would do this. Tesla does not do model years like other manufacturers.
You are willing to wait just so that your VIN will show it as a 2022 when there might be zero actual differences?
Honestly, I don't understand why people ask this question so much. If you follow Tesla obsessively, you know that Tesla makes iterative changes all the time and they don't necessarily correspond to model year.

For nearly everyone else, the model year matters for resale value. When people search for cars they usually filter by year. When you enter your VIN for trade-in offers, your model year matters. When you get an auto loan, your model year matters. When you sell your car, model year matters. When a new model year is about to be released within a few weeks, why wouldn't you care to get the newest one unless the current year is discounted or if you will own the car for 15 years and resale value doesn't matter at all?