Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery times of Tesla Model-Y (June-July orders)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update: Because I have no self control when it comes to the MY and it's firday, so it's not like I was going to get anything done I went to the showroom. The guy who checked for me said, "your order is almost ready, you'll see your VIN in a couple of days" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I'm not sure if he said that to make me feel better or if they can actually see something about the status of my order. He also mentioned that I might get it earlier (1-2 Weeks) since lots of people in the Chicago area have been opting to postpone delivery. I have a basic build MYLR/Silver/Black Interior/19/No FSD/5 Seater so hopefully the wait ends soon and I can go back to focusing on other things, like my job......
The people working the showroom have no information on the production line or distribution of cars. They are trained to say what is best to resolve the question.

My wife just got a VIN. OD 7/15 for a red MYLR all basic with towbar. The dates bounced all around October and November. Recently it was like October 25th-Feb 10th or something, and then on 10/15 it became 10/17 - 10/29. Yesterday it was 10/20 - 10/29 and today she got a VIN and a date of 10/24 - 10/27 (I told her to check yesterday, and she said "I just checked on the weekend." Some people, jeez.)
We got pick up dates yesterday, but after we paid for the car it switched online to give an option to have it delivered (it would have taken about 40 minutes to drive to the pick up spot), so my wife's car is being delivered to our house on Monday between 4-8pm.

Reactions: lulu2
Yayyy wohooo Got VIN at 1:40am PST.
MF299×××
OD:7/6 MYLR7 Red/Black, no FSD/Tow.
EDD before vin 10/23-11/3
EDD after VIN 10/25-10/29

Congrats...
Early July orders appear queued up for delivery across the board. My EDD window slips by a few days and the window tightens. Mine should be leaving Fremont any day now and I should get VIN 1st week in Nov.

Wife and I finally got our VIN this morning! (While we're on vacation, of course...)

Blue Model Y/7 seater/Black interior. Original order date 7/14, current EDD now 10/25-10/28. We're not back in town until the 26th and need to take care of our third party financing too, so hopefully they'll give us some leeway when they do decide to schedule delivery. Here's our (mostly, missed one or two) complete list of EDD changes:

7/14: October
7/16: September 21 - September 30
7/17: September 22 - September 30
7/20: October
7/23: no date
8/2: October
8/3: Gone again
8/8: October
8/10: October 5 - October 25
8/11: October 6 - October 26
8/12: October 8 - October 28
8/14: September 30 - October 20
8/15: October 8 - October 28
8/19: October 9 - October 29
8/27: October
10/14: October 16 - November 11
10/15: October 19 - November 2nd
10/20: October 22 - November 3rd
10/23: October 25 - November 3rd, now October 25 - 28

EDD says Nov 6-10 received VIN. I applied for financing got approved with Tesla at 2.49% waiting for DCU (they told me 48 hours) Will this delay my delivery date? Waiting until Tuesday - Wednesday. It's been such a long wait I don't want to make it any longer. How much time will I need if I go with DCU for them to mail the check or send it out to Tesla?

EDD says Nov 6-10 received VIN. I applied for financing got approved with Tesla at 2.49% waiting for DCU (they told me 48 hours) Will this delay my delivery date? Waiting until Tuesday - Wednesday. It's been such a long wait I don't want to make it any longer. How much time will I need if I go with DCU for them to mail the check or send it out to Tesla?
You have enough time to figure out what DCU offers you.

Reactions: itsallaboutme
I wasn't looking for a match. I am just looking for the best rate. Why were people going back to Tesla to match when they got it from another bank at a lower rate anyway?
72 months vs 65 months, better user interface (credit unions typically have bad UIs since they're cobbling together various off the shelf software), and in order to get the best rate with DCU you need to setup direct deposit with them (doesn't have to be for your entire paycheck). So people would tell DCU they were going to setup DD to get the low rate on paper, then go back to Tesla who would match you with a bigger bank.

Personally I setup DD with DCU a while back in preparation for our Tesla so we're just gonna go with them for our loan. Not needing a down-payment is nice too.