Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery times of Tesla Model-Y (June-July orders)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As I posted in other threads, my EDD slipped by 5 months this week to a generic "May." Is this a bad joke?

• Estimated delivery: May

Order details in my signature.
Same here. I think Tesla pushed out all orders in California to meet Hertz order, or they are waiting for Austin to come up online. It's frustrating but we hope that the May will get pulled back in once we are in the New Year 🤞

My SA says they now have me on a priority list to get a car that matches my build whenever one becomes available in inventory. I just don’t know if that means it will be in two weeks, or 5 months.
Miracles can happen when you believe!!!

I spoke with the manager of the sales center here. He apologized and said if they screwed up my order, he would get with the demand team and get things back on track.

That was Friday.

Starting out today, delivery was Feb 07 - Mar 07. Then I refreshed this afternoon around 3:00 PM and I got a VIN!! It’s a 2021 VIN from Fremont. New EDD is 11/09 - 11/15.

My order date is 7/16. MYLR Midnight Silver, White interior, 5 seater, 19” wheels, and tow receiver.

At least in the Seattle area, if your delivery center is set to either Bellevue or Seattle-SoDo, they no longer allow pickup and you will have it delivered to your home. You will then be taxed at the rate of your home address.

Both Renton and Lynnwood allow pickup and your car will be taxed at the local rate.

I noticed this because I had my last Tesla delivered to Bellevue since the vehicle sales tax rate was lower than my address in Seattle. When I noticed my MY order sales tax was higher than expected, I asked my SA and he told me it would be taxed based on my home address since I would be receiving delivery.
So talking to two SA and also someone from the Department of Revenue, I was told the taxation would be based on the center/dealership address. I live in a un-incorporated zone and have a lower tax rate than Belleuve, but no dice. Talking to two SA's and also getting a ticket opened to recalculate the tax did not help :( . Not sure if they just delevered your car from the seattle center and so taxes from that zipcode. Something I saw in a different post also: Sales tax rates at different WA Tesla centers

Last edited:
OD 7/17 MYLR 19" Red/Black, my EDD had been 10/24-11/13 since late September but today it jumped back to 11/08-11/22 :( Nashville TN pickup. Bummed its farther out, but it's a narrower window. Comforting several others have had dates shift today too. The suspense is killing me. I wonder how many more times I'll have to update my trade-in offer and financing? 😭
That is exactly what happened to my order on Friday. A slip of 2 days, window shrunk by 4. Then, on Monday, I received a text setting up a delivery date. It's quite possible that an order fell through and I was next up. My trade-in offer changed 3x. Once every month. My last offer on my 2012 Hyundai Sonata turbo went up by $1,000.

Once the window starts to shrink, you are getting close.
Hang in there!
👍😀

Last edited:
Reactions: T E S L A Y
Got mine 10/22/2021. Just some notes on the process. Delivery date kept getting pushed. As the date got closer the window narrowed. Then when the date stopped moving and it was a day past, I got an email that the VIN was available. Later THAT DAY I got a call from the Temecula showroom that my care was ready to pick up. I had financed through PenFed, but because it took so long they wanted to do another credit check, even after I was told that wouldn't be necessary. I ended up going with Tesla finance and got an even BETTER rate! 2.49 APR. Picked up the car and rode home on cloud 9.
I thought I was all set because I had a dryer outlet not being used and had purchased an adapter, but found out the Model Y only comes with a 110 module. Went back the next day to the showroom and they had the 14-50 (I think?) in stock and I was in business.
Hang in there, it will happen and you will be happy. :)

-Tim

Attachments

• IMG_3905.jpeg
    IMG_3905.jpeg
    355.6 KB · Views: 51
So talking to two SA and also someone from the Department of Revenue, I was told the taxation would be based on the center/dealership address. I live in a un-incorporated zone and have a lower tax rate than Belleuve, but no dice. Talking to two SA's and also getting a ticket opened to recalculate the tax did not help :( . Not sure if they just delevered your car from the seattle center and so taxes from that zipcode. Something I saw in a different post also: Sales tax rates at different WA Tesla centers
They might've reassigned my delivery center to Seattle-SoDo from Bellevue somehow but I've read about others living in unincorporated zones that had home delivery and paid the local tax since that technically is the "delivery address". Other's have also been invoiced for RTA and had to request Tesla remove it since they actually lived outside the RTA zone as well so it's a bit of a messy situation that requires your advocacy more than Tesla's competence.

I was charged the incorrect RTA fee because Tesla incorrectly reported my MSRP to the Department of Licensing. It took 2.5years and countless calls/emails to Tesla to get that fixed.

*EDIT: (This looks like a good explanation of why some "delivery" are charged at rate of delivery center and others as home address
Home delivery and carrier direct are two different things; home delivery is usually only offered within about 50 miles of the delivery center. You work with the store that is near you and a Tesla employee literally drives the car to your house or place of work, hands it over to you, and drives back in your trade in or gets an uber. Tax would be based on the store location.

Carrier direct is handled by a separate part in Tesla; the store will hand you off to another office that will arrange transport and you need to be 220 miles or more from the closest delivery center. This used to be a free option (when I took delivery of my Model 3 in August of 2019 it was free) but now is a paid option. All payment happens before the car is loaded on a 3rd party carrier (so not Tesla operated), the vehicle is then transported to you and handed off. Tax is based on your home address. Tesla will then register the car for you like normal but will mail the plates to you home address.

Picked up MY this morning. Ordered 7/6 white/black all standard. VERY important tip, make sure you open trunk door OUTSIDE of your garage and adjust the height before moving in. Mine came about 1 in from hitting the door on top, almost gave me the heart attack. Besides that all is good. Oh the frunk suck at closing. I don’t know who designed that but it took me about 10 tries to try closing it properly and also afraid I might be making a dent on the hood. That’s one bad design.