Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery times of Tesla Model-Y (June-July orders)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's IT!!!! I've had it with waiting! (But I'll wait as long as it takes). I can't stand it anymore! (be patient, Mark). I'm going to get a Mach-e NOW! (no I won't). I'm sick and tired of seeing others get VINs (calm down, Mark - serenity now). SCREAMS!!! (Ok.....settle down, Mark. Your Y will come and you'll be the coolest guy on the block).

Thanks for listening.

MYLR AWD FSD Midnight Silver / Black / 19 / No Tow / FSD / 5 seat Wisconsin OD: 7/23 / EDD: 11/15-11/30, 11/1-11/30

That's IT!!!! I've had it with waiting! (But I'll wait as long as it takes). I can't stand it anymore! (be patient, Mark). I'm going to get a Mach-e NOW! (no I won't). I'm sick and tired of seeing others get VINs (calm down, Mark - serenity now). SCREAMS!!! (Ok.....settle down, Mark. Your Y will come and you'll be the coolest guy on the block).

Thanks for listening.

MYLR AWD FSD Midnight Silver / Black / 19 / No Tow / FSD / 5 seat Wisconsin OD: 7/23 / EDD: 11/15-11/30, 11/1-11/30
I feel you! After waiting so long and seeing others get their VIN. WE ARE ALMOST THERE!

I've been too busy to post an update but are my updated dates. Most recent EDD's of 10/23 - 11/16 and now 10/30 - 11/11. I had some pure bad luck since my delivery location (Costa Mesa) is closing down so they re-routed my order to Irvine. Hopefully, I receive a VIN soon so I can sell my current car, Carmax's offer is too good to resist right now.

Reactions: LVMY2022
I take it people whop are within the next few weeks are not going to wait out the federal EV credit talks? My currently EDD is oct 30-nov 10. Doing the math, I wonder if by waiting I would lose out on some of my current car resale value, taking off some of that 8000 discount... decisions decisions

Reactions: Falcon73
I take it people whop are within the next few weeks are not going to wait out the federal EV credit talks? My currently EDD is oct 30-nov 10. Doing the math, I wonder if by waiting I would lose out on some of my current car resale value, taking off some of that 8000 discount... decisions decisions
Nope, not waiting. It's not even guaranteed to pass. We've waited for so long.. I Just want the car now :)

I've been too busy to post an update but are my updated dates. Most recent EDD's of 10/23 - 11/16 and now 10/30 - 11/11. I had some pure bad luck since my delivery location (Costa Mesa) is closing down so they re-routed my order to Irvine. Hopefully, I receive a VIN soon so I can sell my current car, Carmax's offer is too good to resist right now.
Please give an update after you get your VIN regarding Irvine pick up, and your experiences. Let us know if you get 2022 Vin also.

Reactions: dualmotor
Nope, not waiting. It's not even guaranteed to pass. We've waited for so long.. I Just want the car now :)
Yeah I am with you. This is the same-ish talks from the summer and we are still in the same position. Also this will just make it a massive headache to get one as close to the start of 2022 as possible since I bet there are a good amount of people in December that will postpone.

I see the trucks leaving Fremont with Model Ys on them the time…I just say to myself if they could just leave one for me that would be appreciated Lol

Just got the car delivered. It is beautiful and one single issue found following the checklist (passenger side door panel, at the hindge is slightly misaligned).

Attachments

• 20211029_142537.jpg
    20211029_142537.jpg
    672.6 KB · Views: 72
Awesome! I finally will be seeing mine next week.

As to the tax credit… Been waiting since June for this and thinking and dreaming of a tesla for years. So not going to pass it up.

One thought though… Place an order for another Model Y. Even with the price increase who knows what the market will be by the time the reservation comes up next spring. Wait list isn’t getting shorter and demand will only grow with the credit. Once the 2022 Y is on the way sell the 2021.

Maybe used prices wont hold the insane levels that they currently are at but even close to it… Get a Y one year newer and possibly sell the old one with little to no loss and have the tax credit.

Maybe you end up at the exact same point you would have with just keeping the 2021 with no credit but with the newer version and a possible Texas model to boot….

If the used market doesnt stay at the same level by the time the 2022 reservation comes up and the numbers don’t work in your favor what are you out… $100…. Not a lot in the long run compared to what the upside could be.

Anyway…. Just a thought. Probably will just love my Y and not look back regardless of missing out on the tax credit.

After hearing about the EV tax credit... I may have to put a hold on my order for 1/1/2022 instead. I already spoke with my SA today about the situation and said it should not be an issue and I won't be place back at the end of the queues. We are expecting an VIN in the next few days... decisions... ahhh!

No chance, been wanting my Tesla for years now and am eagerly anticipating delivery as soon as possible.

My wife, however, has indicated in a very subtle way that I will not be forgoing a potential $8,000 to have a car a few weeks/months earlier.

Sigh.

No chance, been wanting my Tesla for years now and am eagerly anticipating delivery as soon as possible.

My wife, however, has indicated in a very subtle way that I will not be forgoing a potential $8,000 to have a car a few weeks/months earlier.

Sigh.
I hope our wives never talk…my wife is ‘disappointed’ with my decision to keep the current order. Reading between the lines…im in trouble lol

• Funny
Reactions: cusetownusa
My OD is 7/16. This morning, EDD is updated to 11/1 and 11/10. But so far, I didn't receive VIN yet. Hope we will receive the VIN soon. My delivery location was Cost Mesa too. Does SA tell you they re-routed your order to Irvine? I didn't receive any call from SA yet.

Reactions: T E S L A Y
My OD is 7/16. This morning, EDD is updated to 11/1 and 11/10. But so far, I didn't receive VIN yet. Hope we will receive the VIN soon. My delivery location was Cost Mesa too. Does SA tell you they re-routed your order to Irvine? I didn't receive any call from SA yet.
You have same EDD as ours. OD 7/18, 11/1 - 11/10 this morning when we checked. Buena Park pickup location though.