Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery times of Tesla Model-Y (June-July orders)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my delivery text this morning. Earliest date I could schedule was next Saturday at noon in Brooklyn. They put a disclaimer that it could move up but after talking to the Tesla rep, doesn't sound like that'll happen.

I have to fly up so makes it difficult to change at last minute. Was also hoping to take delivery sooner than noon, but apparently 11am is the earliest that day and it was gone in the five minutes I took to schedule my delivery. Apparently the morning is a hot commodity. I have a six hour drive back...

Reactions: Driver08 and lulu2
Going on another loop on the rollercoaster. My ED window yesterday was Nov 14 to Dec 8. Just checked and we are now Nov 16 - 25. Shortest window so far... Can I dare dream???
Oh man I got the same update this morning Nov 20-Dec 20 -> Nov 16-Nov 26. I'm also in WA. Wonder if they have a big delivery arriving in Seattle on the 16th. No VIN yet though.

But now I'm stressing. I was really happy with Dec 20 as I figured it'd be easy to say I was out of town and unbale to take delivery until Jan 1. If they call me next week I'm worried I'm screwed... Seriously you'd have to be stupid to not push your delivery until Jan 1 now. Even with a 25% chance of passing, you're throwing away $2k today (in economist/poker player speak) by not delaying until Jan 1. (25% chance * $8k rebate). Can someone advise what Tesla will do to me if they assign me a VIN next week and I say "sorry I'm out of town until Jan 1"?

Is there an additional non-refundable payment due before delivery ?
That is my vague memory of how it worked in 2018, perhaps related to VIN assignment

I'm trying to decide how to play my current September order since I may want to change it if a higher range Model Y is offered around the same time. I don't mind losing $250 to change my mind but e.g. $1,250 would hurt. I realize that an order change to a different model would not cost me the non-refundable $250; I am considering the worse case where I cancel my current order and then order a different model.

I suppose I could take delivery of the current order, flip it after paying sales tax, and then order a different model but that kind of speculation is usually not my cup of tea.

Last edited:
got VIN this morning

MY LR / OD 7/25/21 / White / Black / 19” / 5 / No Tow / added FSD on 8/20
EDD 11/28 - 12/2

Can anyone tell me what I should to to delay my delivery until January for possible EV tax credit?
I think its not finalized yet. But if you are not in an immediate need for a car right now and can wait then nothing bad in waiting for next 1.5 months to take a chance. Many people has put a hold till January 1st on their delivery.
Congrats! Yours is a 2022. Also your account should not update to say "2022 Tesla Model Y" on the landing page. Just curious what's your EDD / what was it right before VIN?