Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery times of Tesla Model-Y (June-July orders)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is what I see. Did you ever have this "IM READY" button? @Teslitored
People taking deliveries in December!?
Yes my acct shows the same like you, but still I got the
Screenshot_20211122-124523_Email.jpg
email ...

Yes my acct shows the same like you, but still I got the View attachment 736400

Did you go into your account and make sure that it says on hold? If not contact your SA again. Or just go to the chat on the website.
I've experienced a similar, but not as dramatic, demand from Tesla.
My order is on Hold, but Tesla began text, email, and telephone demands for payment, even scheduling a delivery in TWO DAYS despite my HOLD UNTIL DECEMBER 31.
That included a VIN assigned to my account.
Then when they got no immediate reply, scheduled ANOTHER delivery in another two days.

I immediately went for a VISIT to my SA and they were cool, got it taken care of, and I'm back to being on Hold.
So I recommend a VISIT to your SA, not a phone call, not an online Chat.

Reactions: DZMY
Finally got my pick up appointment for December 1. MY 2022 ordered 8/3. We have to drive to Mathews (Charlotte) NC which is about 2 ½ hours drive from us in Asheville. Will have to drive back in two cars. Who gets to drive the Tesla and who the Prius?? May need family consouling to resolve this issue. Wife believes the Tessy is hers.
happy wife, happy life.... :)

For those of you that have gotten your cars have they had the updated interior where the dash material continues over to the doors? I think European specs are getting that. Wasn’t sure if US was.
That's the Tesla Shanghai configuration, with the trim on the dash + doors.
It's a supplier in Asia for those pieces (China probably).

The North America config built in Fremont doesn't provide that.
Not sure what will come out of Giga Texas when it gets up and running, but likely same as Fremont.

Anyone in NJ install 14-50 outlet recently?

I got two quotes one for $3705 the other for $4200. That includes service upgrade 200A panel and 200A meter box one place quotes $2800 just for that work. And $1400 for the 14-50 work.

The other electrician has no breakdown they just charge $3705 and details the work as: install new 200A main electrical service new exterior conduit wiring, meter-pan, 200 amp 30/48 circuit main breaker panel, breakers, plywood backboard service outlet, 2 ground rods, inter-system bonding bridge ground water meter, bond hot water tank and label circuitry in panel. Exterior: Install box and wiring for installation of 50 amp 240V line for installation of NEMA 14-50 outlet with in-use weatherproof cover. labor: $2030 materials $1590 and permit admin fee: $85 excludes cost of permit fee.

My delivery was scheduled for 11/30. Automated text today saying that delivery delayed and rescheduled me for 12/3. I called my SA who told me that some transport drivers weren't available over Thanksgiving weekend and many east coast deliveries are delayed a few days. I have a conflict on 12/3 and they booked my delivery for 12/6. Must be very busy with deliveries as they booked me 30 minutes prior to normal delivery hours.

Anyone in NJ install 14-50 outlet recently?

I got two quotes one for $3705 the other for $4200. That includes service upgrade 200A panel and 200A meter box one place quotes $2800 just for that work. And $1400 for the 14-50 work.

The other electrician has no breakdown they just charge $3705 and details the work as: install new 200A main electrical service new exterior conduit wiring, meter-pan, 200 amp 30/48 circuit main breaker panel, breakers, plywood backboard service outlet, 2 ground rods, inter-system bonding bridge ground water meter, bond hot water tank and label circuitry in panel. Exterior: Install box and wiring for installation of 50 amp 240V line for installation of NEMA 14-50 outlet with in-use weatherproof cover. labor: $2030 materials $1590 and permit admin fee: $85 excludes cost of permit fee.
We live in a townhouse complex in LA and did not have permission from HOA to upgrade any circuit panel. We only have 60 amp of incoming current and that’s it. We installed a 14-30 outlet for $600 (material + labor) and it has been working great. We typically start charging when the battery falls under 50% until it reaches 75%.

We live in a townhouse complex in LA and did not have permission from HOA to upgrade any circuit panel. We only have 60 amp of incoming current and that’s it. We installed a 14-30 outlet for $600 (material + labor) and it has been working great. We typically start charging when the battery falls under 50% until it reaches 75%.
I just spoke with another electrician he said if I am charging at night and don't have any electric dryers, stoves etc I should be fine. But also said if you want to be on safe side you can get it done. I will see his cost on Tuesday and move forward from there. I will probably just get it installed and upgrade later if things don't work out.