Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery times of Tesla Model-Y (June-July orders)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered Aug 2021 (I feel like we're gonna have to start clarifying lol).

EDD originally of Nov/Dec.

Pushed to Jan.
Then pushed to Mar.

This morning I've woken up, and now it says... JUNE.

What in the world is going on?!
When did these pushes take place? Did you go from Nov/Dec to Jan and stay there before your March push, or did you go back and forward?
I ask because I see you are new to the forum and some people have found that they did not complete their order. It generally are people who (like all of us) did not want to commit to financing that early on, and so they left it blank. However, something has to be chosen (should be cash, that can be changed after you receive your VIN). If nothing is chosen then your order is never put in the queue so you never get in line.
Then again, with the way these EDDs have been, you could have completed and its just sending you backward. Your best bet is to call Tesla to make sure everything is set with your order.

^^ My order profile is complete and I have chosen cash. EDD was pushed back from March/April to June over the weekend. I'm reasonably sure that these are general production issues (presumably related to supply chain disruptions) that will be widely noticed. Heck, even the Model S cash cow has lost any EDD.

^^ My order profile is complete and I have chosen cash. EDD was pushed back from March/April to June over the weekend. I'm reasonably sure that these are general production issues (presumably related to supply chain disruptions) that will be widely noticed. Heck, even the Model S cash cow has lost any EDD.
Your order is from the end of September so a little different. Doesn’t mean it’s not supply issues, but the EDD dates that look like @Wave9891 ’s generally haven’t bee completed.

Reactions: Naija King
@SageBrush did you order in June/July or in Sept? Just making sure you're in the right forum room 😆
To be fair, I am not in the "right" room either but have been following (and commenting) this room to see when all of you get your VINs...
I feel I am an August order that is going to mimic the June/July deliveries that take an unGodly amount of time. I also figure that if some of you all still don't have your MYs I can't complain too loudly. So in short, this room keeps my wait time in perspective. Lol

Just received notification yesterday VIN was available. 317XXX. Told local SA couldn't take delivery before the first of the year because I would be out of town on vacation for 2 wks. Tesla sent me an email if I was ready to proceed, texted back no and later that night sent me a new VIN 335XXX. Ordered 7/29/21. Had est. del. dates bouncing all over, latest were on 10/18 11/6-12/14, then on 10/27 1/12-2/9, then 11/15 1/17-2/14 until yesterday.

Can anyone please tell me their recent delivery VIN number so I can figure out where in line I am

Just received notification yesterday VIN was available. 317XXX. Told local SA couldn't take delivery before the first of the year because I would be out of town on vacation for 2 wks. Tesla sent me an email if I was ready to proceed, texted back no and later that night sent me a new VIN 335XXX. Ordered 7/29/21. Had est. del. dates bouncing all over, latest were on 10/18 11/6-12/14, then on 10/27 1/12-2/9, then 11/15 1/17-2/14 until yesterday.

Can anyone please tell me their recent delivery VIN number so I can figure out where in line I am
I picked up VIN 315 on 12/5/21

Mine is 330XXX. Picking up in a few days.

got my VIN yesterday, waiting for the 3day delivery window. should be between Dec 20-26.
I am in dilema whether to forgo my VIN. I received my Model Y delivery date window 22-24th but I am going on vacation and financing company will take few days. The SA told me they are not sure if there will be any inventory in Jan 2022 and might have to wait longer to get new VIN assigned. Not sure whether to cancel vacation or forgo the VIN .Any thoughts

I am in dilema whether to forgo my VIN. I received my Model Y delivery date window 22-24th but I am going on vacation and financing company will take few days. The SA told me they are not sure if there will be any inventory in Jan 2022 and might have to wait longer to get new VIN assigned. Not sure whether to cancel vacation or forgo the VIN .Any thoughts

my personal opinion is to somehow try and make the 22-24th Dec dates work, and take delivery. This exact scenario happened to me back in Nov, Nov 18-20 I was on vacation and told Tesla I couldn't take delivery. And I've waited about a month to get re-assigned VIN and take delivery a second time. Up to you if you're willing to wait a month, but in my personal opinion in hindsight I would have taken delivery in Nov, and not waited.

Also the BBB Tax rebate might kick in from January 2022. That's another consideration to delay but looks like Tesla is pushing to take deliveries. My SA is not ready to change the delivery date beyond 24th. Will have to chase the finance company and take the delivery on 21st.

Any july orders still waiting -
Yes. (Model Y LR, White, 19", +tow, +FSD -- Ordered July 29, 2021)
Though I haven't completed the Trade-In portion of my order yet. I'm waiting on BBB, Austin, and 4680s before I "complete" my order. Initially I didn't think when I completed the order would make any difference, but now postponing without officially invoking the 30 day delay clause is a feature.

When I ordered in July the Estimated Delivery Date was November.
The EDD on my order is currently September.
I configured the exact same vehicle today as a new order and the EDD was July 2022.

I hope to own the new Tesla for more than a decade, and my current 2009 CRV still runs fine, so waiting awhile is not a big deal. Though I did just pass the electrical inspection for my new Wall Connector yesterday, which makes me slightly more impatient. So if Tesla gets pushy, I'll only insist on waiting 30 days to improve my BBB rebate hopes.