Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery to Maine

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My service rep heavily recommended picking it up because for some reason the cars show up filthy. I don't know how they get so dirty on the interior. I'm convinced it's a conspiracy!

They do it because they can. The cars arrive from Fremont filthy inside from the manufacturing process and filthy outside from the trip on an open trailer. When they get to the East Coast, they are loaded into an enclosed trailer operated by an independent contractor. The delivery centers don't bother to prep them because they know the vast majority of buyers won't reject a car because it has not been prepped.

Reactions: toolman335
Home Delivery went really well and couldn't be happier. Getting a delivery time and exact date was didn't happen so that could be better. but here are my thoughts.
Driver didn't have my phone number so I never got a call he just showed up.
Car was clean on the inside and out.
had 80% charge on the battery NJ used their SC to bring it up to 80%
Had 2 black marks on the outside and 1 on the inside B post on the passenger side all three buffed out with a micro cloth.
delivery took about 20 mins.
the driver only had delivered 2 other teslas in the past so he didn't know anything about it. wasn't a big thing for me because of the research I did before hand.
looks like it still has dimmable mirrors all the way around.
new Frunk size
No power lift or new door buttons
I have included a few pictures of delivery. (Side note I think my son is happier than I am about delivery. He didn't know if was coming until after it was off the truck.)
IMG_1399.JPG
IMG_1500.JPEG
IMG_0299.JPEG
IMG_1501.JPEG
IMG_1405.JPG
IMG_1403.JPG
IMG_1398.JPG

Home Delivery went really well and couldn't be happier.

So glad to hear it all went well. Beautiful car/great photos. And happy to hear that the delivery shortfalls I experienced in 2018 seem to have been fixed. BTW, my concerns two years ago about owning a Tesla in Maine with the closest service center located outside of Boston have turned out to be a non-issue. In my case, mobile service for minor problems (charge port pin replacement, etc.) and great reliability have been the norm. Enjoy your new car!

So glad to hear it all went well. Beautiful car/great photos. And happy to hear that the delivery shortfalls I experienced in 2018 seem to have been fixed. BTW, my concerns two years ago about owning a Tesla in Maine with the closest service center located outside of Boston have turned out to be a non-issue. In my case, mobile service for minor problems (charge port pin replacement, etc.) and great reliability have been the norm. Enjoy your new car!
Awesome. Thanks for the update.

Home Delivery went really well and couldn't be happier. Getting a delivery time and exact date was didn't happen so that could be better. but here are my thoughts.
Driver didn't have my phone number so I never got a call he just showed up.
Car was clean on the inside and out.
had 80% charge on the battery NJ used their SC to bring it up to 80%
Had 2 black marks on the outside and 1 on the inside B post on the passenger side all three buffed out with a micro cloth.
delivery took about 20 mins.
the driver only had delivered 2 other teslas in the past so he didn't know anything about it. wasn't a big thing for me because of the research I did before hand.
looks like it still has dimmable mirrors all the way around.
new Frunk size
No power lift or new door buttons
I have included a few pictures of delivery. (Side note I think my son is happier than I am about delivery. He didn't know if was coming until after it was off the truck.)
View attachment 588755 View attachment 588756 View attachment 588757 View attachment 588758 View attachment 588759 View attachment 588760 View attachment 588761

Thanks for the pictures - enjoy your ride! Do let us know when you drive at night when you get a chance to see the Auto Dimming Side Mirrors in action.

Home Delivery went really well and couldn't be happier.

Congrats on the new car. One question, did they provide the paperwork needed to register the car on delivery? I picked up my S last weekend, and was provided no bill of sale or MCO or any other proof of ownership. Like an idiot, I left the showroom anyway. Now it's on a temporary registration which is incorrectly (and illegally) a NJ resident registration when it should be a non-resident, they didn't give me the actual temporary registration certificate, and my existing registration is still valid despite the fact Tesla owns the trade-in vehicle. And of course I can't get a response from anyone at Tesla.

Nope. Took two weeks for paperwork to arrive via FedEx. I have seen an M3 running around town for the last several months with a temp New Jersey plate . I assume that is because the Maine DMV only recently reopened.

^^^This is what I was told would happen if I got the car delivered to NH. They also said it would show up filthy.
They did a really good job of convincing me to drive 3 hours to pick it up in NY lol.

Yeah I got my paperwork about a week after I got it. But the temp plates are good for a month so you have plenty of time.

The temp plates they gave me weren't actually technically legal. They gave me NJ resident plates, which are only legally issuable for vehicles that will be registered in NJ, they should have given me non-resident plates. The statutes also say that it's illegal for them to transfer ownership of a vehicle without being in possession of the title (or MCO in this case) and providing it at the time of the transaction. The good news is the documentation showed up yesterday. I don't know if it was due to me pointing these problems out to them or if they were just having an efficient week this week, but all's well that ends well!

Reactions: ArcticStation