Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery to Maine

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any people can give me a heads up on having a car delivered to Maine.

some questions I Have.

1. How much longer did it take to get it delivered once it was in NJ?
2. How did you do you inspection since the driver doesn't work for Tesla?
3. If you had to do it over again would you go pick it up the second time or have it delivered again?
4. Did you have a trade to send back to them?

I think that is all I have right now about delivery.

Thanks for any input you can give me.

Reactions: sewing1

some questions I Have.

3. If you had to do it over again would you go pick it up the second time or have it delivered again?

Check out the Tesla Owners Maine facebook group. Lots of folks have written about this. In my experience, delivery was not really delayed at all for home delivery. Didn't worry about inspection as we never had trouble on our previous Tesla getting things resolved after the fact. No trades.

How much longer did it take to get it delivered once it was in NJ?
Very reasonable time between placing order and scheduled delivery date. Arrived one day late--no big deal.

How did you do you inspection since the driver doesn't work for Tesla?
Did it in my driveway. The driver did not rush me. But I found issues that could have been resolved at a delivery center (filthy inside and out, white "glop" droplets throughout the frunk, bar code stickers everywhere, battery displayed only 5% remaining charge). Not enough to reject the car, but home delivery prevented resolution on-site and it cost me $250 to have the local guy in town detail it.

If you had to do it over again would you go pick it up the second time or have it delivered again?
I would never do home delivery again.

Did you have a trade to send back to them?
No trade.

• Helpful
Reactions: HTWOMS
Very reasonable time between placing order and scheduled delivery date. Arrived one day late--no big deal.

Did it in my driveway. The driver did not rush me. But I found issues that could have been resolved at a delivery center (filthy inside and out, white "glop" droplets throughout the frunk, bar code stickers everywhere, battery displayed only 5% remaining charge). Not enough to reject the car, but home delivery prevented resolution on-site and it cost me $250 to have the local guy in town detail it.

I would never do home delivery again.

No trade.
Thanks for the info

I'm in York county and am currently waiting on a Model S order. I can't speak to the other questions as I'm still waiting on delivery, but they told me home delivery would add an additional 7-10 days after the vehicle arrives at the showroom. Note that for legal reasons, ME sales are handled out of the showroom in Paramus, NJ. If you do decide against home delivery, you won't be able to take delivery at any of the MA locations. I decided to drive to NJ as I want to inspect the car first, would rather not wait longer, and typically look for an excuse for a road trip when I buy a new car anyway!

I'm in York county and am currently waiting on a Model S order. I can't speak to the other questions as I'm still waiting on delivery, but they told me home delivery would add an additional 7-10 days after the vehicle arrives at the showroom. Note that for legal reasons, ME sales are handled out of the showroom in Paramus, NJ. If you do decide against home delivery, you won't be able to take delivery at any of the MA locations. I decided to drive to NJ as I want to inspect the car first, would rather not wait longer, and typically look for an excuse for a road trip when I buy a new car anyway!

I thought about it but I would have to take two Covid tests before returning to work. So I am kind of stuck with taking home delivery. I was told the 7-10 days also. But I was also told it would take 15 days to ship from Cal to NJ. But then I did the online chat and they said it would take 8-9 days to get to NJ so who knows. I plan on calling Friday to the NJ store and see if they would have a better update.

I thought about it but I would have to take two Covid tests before returning to work. So I am kind of stuck with taking home delivery. I was told the 7-10 days also. But I was also told it would take 15 days to ship from Cal to NJ. But then I did the online chat and they said it would take 8-9 days to get to NJ so who knows. I plan on calling Friday to the NJ store and see if they would have a better update.

Ah, yeah, I already worked from home before all this, which has been nice this year. So is yours in route to Paramus? How long did it take to ship once you had a VIN?

Ah, yeah, I already worked from home before all this, which has been nice this year. So is yours in route to Paramus? How long did it take to ship once you had a VIN?

I saw my MVPA online and sent me sales person a email later that day he confirmed the car was built and that it should arrive on sept 12.

Ordered on Aug 8
VIN on Aug 27
Delivery to NJ September 12
Home delivery 7-10 after that.

I'm in NH. I did hate the fact that I couldn't pick my car up last September in Boston. That being said, I went to get it in Mount Kisko, NY and loved the mini road trip home. It was a good learning experience and I used the Seabrook SC before arriving home.
I've owned it for 50 weeks and I never get sick of driving it. Every time I hop in it I am as excited as I was a year ago!

I'm in NH. I did hate the fact that I couldn't pick my car up last September in Boston. That being said, I went to get it in Mount Kisko, NY and loved the mini road trip home. It was a good learning experience and I used the Seabrook SC before arriving home.
I've owned it for 50 weeks and I never get sick of driving it. Every time I hop in it I am as excited as I was a year ago!

That’s awesome. It’s supposed to be in on the 8th so I might call on Monday and see what the time frame is and maybe look at picking it up. It’s just about 6 hours each way.

Reactions: toolman335

some questions I Have.

Not sure my experience is still relevant since I got mine over 20 months ago.
1) the car goes to New Jersey? My IDA only sent me 13 emails, never answered a single question I had, and wouldn't give me his phone number, so I have no idea where my car stopped on its way from Fremont to Maine. Having said that, it clearly did not stop at any delivery center, since it was dusty inside, actually bits of plastic from the manufacturing process were on the dash. Bird poop was on the outside. Battery was at ZERO SOC.
2) Seriously, you have to cross your fingers, since you either accept it or reject it. I got delivered on Dec 13th, last delivery of the day, at the West Gardiner rest stop, since there's no way the driver could get down my dirt road in winter. My driver handed over two key cards, had me sign something, and that was it. I was on my own. Under the street lamps in the parking lot, there's just not enough light to see anything.

Amazingly, he told me he put it on the trailer with ZERO SOC in the morning. Now, it's evening, and the WG reststop doesn't have a charger. The driver thought it did. I literally push the car back onto the trailer, and we go to the Supercharger 10 miles away. Yay!

3) obviously, I would rather pick it up than get a ZERO SOC delivery at night!
4) Yes, I traded in my 2016 Chevy Volt.

After I pushed the car back into the trailer. The Volt is in front of the Model 3.
IMG_0804.jpg

My unhappy car showing ZERO SOC. Thankfully, my battery seems to be a good one, and i've had no reportable deg after 20 months.
IMG_0805 copy.jpg

WOW hopefully not that long or i might have to drive down to get it.

If you can afford the expense and the time to do so, I STRONGLY recommend that you pick up the vehicle at a Tesla facility and avoid home delivery. It is a hassle and time consuming, but if you have questions or if issues arise, you can address them with the Tesla staff directly, not the poor driver who can only do one of two things--leave the vehicle with you or return it.