Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery to my door

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m in Vermont - far from a SC so they will deliver my car via 3rd party service from the Paramus, NJ SC. I’m not really clear on the details of the delivery (little explanation from Tesla as of yet, expect to get the car this week, it cleared the SC prep yesterday). Does the delivery person wait while you inspect? Does it even matter since they are not Tesla employees. Is there even an option to reject the car in this situation?

I asked my Tesla rep out of LV these questions but no response...

Anyone else have insight into this process? Thanks.

Reactions: Jabbahop
Hi, I am in the same boat but my vehicle is arriving in Paramus this week.

I will ask my rep as well. My rep has inferred that the SC prep will be looking for the issues that are being brought up on the forums here as of late to be resolved.

I am also interested in how this works - especially with a trade in. I'll post any info I get as well.

• Informative
Reactions: Relayer
Hi, I am in the same boat but my vehicle is arriving in Paramus this week.

I will ask my rep as well. My rep has inferred that the SC prep will be looking for the issues that are being brought up on the forums here as of late to be resolved.

I am also interested in how this works - especially with a trade in. I'll post any info I get as well.
Just received this text response from my Tesla rep (first response about my narrow road)
Great questions!
1. The truck drive will make the decision, typically if the street is narrow they may drive the car up if it is okay with you.
2. You will have the chance to look over the vehicle fully and make sure it is too you liking :)

Hi! I’m also in VT and am curious about the logistics you were able to work out. I had a VIN that was supposed to be home delivered by month end (via Dedham), but with the VT DMV still closed and mail in registrations really backed up, we wouldn’t be able to drive it for the month or whatever it would take to get all the paperwork from Tesla and turn it around with the DMV.

They suggested I drive to New Jersey to pick up if I wanted temporary tags. Not ideal!

Hi! I’m also in VT and am curious about the logistics you were able to work out. I had a VIN that was supposed to be home delivered by month end (via Dedham), but with the VT DMV still closed and mail in registrations really backed up, we wouldn’t be able to drive it for the month or whatever it would take to get all the paperwork from Tesla and turn it around with the DMV.

They suggested I drive to New Jersey to pick up if I wanted temporary tags. Not ideal!
Interesting- my delivery date was delayed 3 times - from 6/24 to 6/25 to 6/29 however the person I talked to in Paramus NJ said it is now supposed to be picked up in Paramus on the 29th and will be delivers to us on the 29th or 30th. There’s been no discussion of the temp plates (tags) and my assumption is Tesla will deal with it and provide temporary plates when delivered and mail in the registration for permanent plates once delivered.

• Disagree
Reactions: Levo
Thanks! It seems to depend so much on who you talk to. They were adamant yesterday that I couldn’t get NJ temp plates if I didn’t pick it up myself. I’ll see if I can get a better answer, but you might want to confirm you’re getting tags... the DMV here is a hot mess!

Interesting- my delivery date was delayed 3 times - from 6/24 to 6/25 to 6/29 however the person I talked to in Paramus NJ said it is now supposed to be picked up in Paramus on the 29th and will be delivers to us on the 29th or 30th. There’s been no discussion of the temp plates (tags) and my assumption is Tesla will deal with it and provide temporary plates when delivered and mail in the registration for permanent plates once delivered.

I have a feeling that there will be one delivery truck for all of us on the 29th/30th. I am also under the assumption that we will have temporary plates available. If not, I think that the MVPA will allow me to get 20-day plates at the NH DMV. Hopefully.

I have a feeling that there will be one delivery truck for all of us on the 29th/30th. I am also under the assumption that we will have temporary plates available. If not, I think that the MVPA will allow me to get 20-day plates at the NH DMV. Hopefully.[
Hey VT/NH folks expecting delivery by EOM. I spoke with Paramus today and they think my car is on the truck headed to VT as of 5:00 today (6/29). They confirmed it would have temporary plates.
No word from the delivery driver yet but assuming it will be here sometime tomorrow (6/30). Lmk if you hear anything or get a car - updates from Tesla are few and far between!!

I have a feeling that there will be one delivery truck for all of us on the 29th/30th. I am also under the assumption that we will have temporary plates available. If not, I think that the MVPA will allow me to get 20-day plates at the NH DMV. Hopefully.
I'm in NH and when my M3 was delivered by truck, I was one of multiple stops that day for him in the NH/ME/VT region... so you may be right that they are on one truck. Mine did NOT come with temp tags nor any paperwork that I needed to register it. Delivery was on a Friday or Saturday and I had to park it in my garage and followed up with Tesla on Monday asking where the paperwork was... they sent it to me within a couple days and I took that down to the Town office (where we can also transact DMV registrations) and I was registered with tags in hand in about 7 minutes.

I'm not sure how many trucks/deliveries are going out today, but I'm starting to wonder if my delivery might be holding things up for everyone:

Help! Unannounced (and early) Tesla Delivery - I don't know what to do
TL/DR: they were supposed to wait until after July 2nd to deliver my Y. I got a call from a driver today saying he was outside my future house with the car. I am currently in VT, outside of Burlington. They are looking to see if they can reroute my delivery to there today.

Just heard from the driver - will be here in Burlington with my car between 8-9PM. Not sure if that helps anyone with knowing when they might receive delivery but other than it being late in the day- I’m excited!
Dang! I have not heard a peep from anyone! Assuming it's the same delivery person, it will be soon or I will be waiting until tomorrow!

Well, once again Tesla is absolutely terrible with the communication with anything useful. I was told that the 30th was my delivery day and we prepared for that. Looks like my vehicle was held up due to "delays at the rail station" and will not be getting to Paramus until June 6th.

Hope y'all enjoy your vehicles.

Also in NH, I drove to Paramus (on Saturday) to inspect the car and pick it up.
Plus was trading in a car which made it a bit easier. One car there, another one back.
The 4 hours drive to NJ was a bit tedious but the drive back was glorious. 4 hours of uninterrupted joy.
Plus I got a good range test as well. Got to Leominister, MA (the last SuperCharger location) with 20%.
The last 26 miles took only 6% as I got home with 14%. Mainly the back road speed limits really help with the overall wh/mi range.
was planning to drive to Mt Washington (driving an EV up and down a mountain is a joy) but the weather squashed that (for now).
I did go to Hampton Beach and back just to play with my baby car some more. Lovely car.
Hope yours turn out to be the same.