Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery to my door

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I said I wouldn't take the Dedham car because I had no way to register it, Tesla totally ghosted me. Of course, they are focused on unloading as many cars as possibly by month end but...harsh breakup just taking the VIN away without telling me :rolleyes: Anyway, I'll assume it all gets out worked out sometime in July and maybe the bright side is some of the sloppy quality issues will be worked out.

Enjoy in the meantime, everyone. Can't wait!

Also in NH, I drove to Paramus (on Saturday) to inspect the car and pick it up.
Plus was trading in a car which made it a bit easier. One car there, another one back.
The 4 hours drive to NJ was a bit tedious but the drive back was glorious. 4 hours of uninterrupted joy.
Plus I got a good range test as well. Got to Leominister, MA (the last SuperCharger location) with 20%.
The last 26 miles took only 6% as I got home with 14%. Mainly the back road speed limits really help with the overall wh/mi range.
was planning to drive to Mt Washington (driving an EV up and down a mountain is a joy) but the weather squashed that (for now).
I did go to Hampton Beach and back just to play with my baby car some more. Lovely car.
Hope yours turn out to be the same.
It arrived. Was getting dark when it arrived so I’ll do a full look over tomorrow but great to drive!

Attachments

• DB0B47BF-2E4D-4F90-9927-E3F554EC4646.jpeg
    DB0B47BF-2E4D-4F90-9927-E3F554EC4646.jpeg
    22.6 KB · Views: 90
  • 8D985D0A-B87B-469C-9A27-D30D68F0E3CC.jpeg
    8D985D0A-B87B-469C-9A27-D30D68F0E3CC.jpeg
    22.8 KB · Views: 62
How is the MY? I'd itching to take a ride over the Smuggler's Notch with it.

It seems my vehicle is in Chicago - it was unloaded there and didn't make the hop to NJ. Tesla has been in contact with me a couple of times today and they seem keen on getting this resolved.

Why would I go to Smuggler's Notch in VT? Their mountains are green and yucky (probably green slime).
I planned a trip up Mt Washington Auto Road but weather postponed that. No rain for 7+ weeks, the day I get my Y, it rains for 5 straight days! I am loving the auto wipers. Especially when I pass a car or truck and get the additional spray. It handles that really well. The tires handle the wet roads fine. It is a joy to drive. Had the car 6 days so far. Drove the car 6 days! :)

Why would I go to Smuggler's Notch in VT? Their mountains are green and yucky (probably green slime).
I planned a trip up Mt Washington Auto Road but weather postponed that. No rain for 7+ weeks, the day I get my Y, it rains for 5 straight days! I am loving the auto wipers. Especially when I pass a car or truck and get the additional spray. It handles that really well. The tires handle the wet roads fine. It is a joy to drive. Had the car 6 days so far. Drove the car 6 days! :)
The car is great but haven’t been over the notch yet (I did drive from Burlington to the north east kingdom the night I received it). Ride build quality is decent - no rattles and as far as I can see my heat pump is quiet. There are a few fit finish issues that I reported through the mobile app (the only way I can see to report issues). Was hoping they would be able to address them via mobile service but I have to drive to Albany NY in a couple of weeks to have them addressed. Overall, as with many others, love the car but not the buying process. Really too bad Tesla doesn’t recognize that they’re taking a short view of being successful by not leaving new buyers with a great experience overall.

I planned a trip up Mt Washington Auto Road but weather postponed that. :)

Well, yeah you're in NH and not Burlington area, VT like VTElectric is, whom my comment was aimed at. A drive up pleasant valley road in Underhill > 108 over into Stowe > rt100 to Morrisville and then 15 back to Underhill is a nice drive (other than Stowe on a busy weekend). While that is a nice drive I wouldn't drive from NH to make it (and I live in NH)

A drive up the auto road is always a fun experience but I'm more of a fan of the Kanc > Bear notch road loop on a quiet morning if I'm up in the whites. The last few times I have done the auto road and the Kanc it's been very crowded.

Reactions: DanDi58
Yes, VT here. Our 3 came with very little warning. We had to meet the delivery truck on a major street, near convenient interstate pull off. They back it off... drive in your trade in vehicle. A few signatures and that's it. they're just drivers. No capacity to give you a walk through beyond basics/ access/ starting, etc. I imagine if you had huge problems with condition, you could reject it. But our regional ranger service coordinator is awesome. So do not worry. Anyways, we take delivery of our Y soon. First they said, 4-8 weeks. Then yesterday they told us 10 days. Note, FWIW we are trading in our AWD 2018 M3 (way too much rust happening on rocker panels). trade in value was $34.8K with 28k miles.

When they delivered mine at 9:00 PM on 6/30 I didn't sign anything. The driver handed me the keys, temp plate and said something like "this is an awesome car, have fun" and went on his way. Mine was the first delivery off his truck so he had 4-5 other cars to deliver before midnight so he clearly wasn't in the mood to chit-chat...