Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery to Toronto - refresh model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hmm I guess that is the most cost effective option, getting the wall connector just means spending more money, a little quicker charge (which is moot when the car charges overnight anyways), and having the peace of mind that your charge cable is ALWAYS in your car vs having to put it in each day. Perhaps a little planning to bring your cable when you expect you need it is all we need to do.

Yah I really don't think you need to carry it around... Maybe a few adapters...

Ontario is getting a lot of super charger this summer. So unless you don't do planning you should okay

hmm I guess that is the most cost effective option, getting the wall connector just means spending more money, a little quicker charge (which is moot when the car charges overnight anyways), and having the peace of mind that your charge cable is ALWAYS in your car vs having to put it in each day. Perhaps a little planning to bring your cable when you expect you need it is all we need to do.

So no one is getting the HPWC then!? I was told we only have 6 months to get the credit after we take delivery of the car. It might be a wash if the price differential is the same as a spare cable in the event the cable that comes with the car needs replacing eventually.

I just called Justin (the delivery manager) and he said the car is in production and estimated mid to late June and will know a much better window once the car is on the truck for delivery. I hope my car is on the same delivery truck as you guys who have your profiles showing delivery dates! that status is quite inconsistent.

VIN 134XXX

Reactions: SMPL
So no one is getting the HPWC then!? I was told we only have 6 months to get the credit after we take delivery of the car. It might be a wash if the price differential is the same as a spare cable in the event the cable that comes with the car needs replacing eventually.

My understanding is that if you're planning to uss the standard cable provided from tesla and plugging it into a conventional outlet - you'll only get 6 miles per hour of charge ... With a 240 plug (stove outlet) you'll get 15/20 miles per hour of charge and with the HPWC it's closer to 40 miles per hour of charge ..... One thing to also note is charging in our cold Canadian winters, the power draw from a conventional outlet will only draw enough power to heat the battery and not charge them.

I think HPWC is the way to go in order to achieve a full charge every night !! I know that's not super important to everyone but for someone like me driving 35-40,000 kms per year for my business, it's critical !