Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery to Toronto - refresh model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone order the HPWC online vs through Tesla Canada? Tesla Canada seems to have much higher prices than if you get online and shipped to you even after exchange rates. I'm not sure if there are brokerage fees and additional taxes that would make it even more expensive.

Hi all
Went by tesla at Lawrence yesterday between meetings - busy busy spot but no refresh models awaiting delivery .... About 6/8 with the old nose cone. They now have two refresh models in the showroom though, both 70D's ... Photo below
Can't wait for the week of the 13th!!!!!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    282.2 KB · Views: 72
anyone from toronto have any new updates on the delivery window? I have radio silence from my delivery manager on the HPWC

Nothing yet ... I was gonna call them Friday this week and see if they have a more solid update on the trucks arrival for next week; as they're saying arrival as early as Monday

:)

#eagerbeaver #itsteslatime

Anyone order the HPWC online vs through Tesla Canada? Tesla Canada seems to have much higher prices than if you get online and shipped to you even after exchange rates. I'm not sure if there are brokerage fees and additional taxes that would make it even more expensive.
I ordered the HPWC online as suggested by my DS. It is definitely cheaper than buying locally. Tesla didn't charge me tax but had to pay around $40 for shipping. I assume since we are out of state, they don't charge their state tax. I was expecting border services to charge me the usual GST/PST but I wasn't. I keep waiting for FedEx to send me a bill for the tax but after two weeks no letters yet. By the way, the website says 5 week shipping when I ordered it but it only took a week to ship. Maybe they got a new batch and I got lucky. But that's my experience anyways.

I ordered the HPWC online as suggested by my DS. It is definitely cheaper than buying locally. Tesla didn't charge me tax but had to pay around $40 for shipping. I assume since we are out of state, they don't charge their state tax. I was expecting border services to charge me the usual GST/PST but I wasn't. I keep waiting for FedEx to send me a bill for the tax but after two weeks no letters yet. By the way, the website says 5 week shipping when I ordered it but it only took a week to ship. Maybe they got a new batch and I got lucky. But that's my experience anyways.

Nice !!!! Although fedex can take up to two months to send an invoice so you will likely just get dinged HST .... I don't understand the pricing discrepancies online from in store ???

Nice !!!! Although fedex can take up to two months to send an invoice so you will likely just get dinged HST .... I don't understand the pricing discrepancies online from in store ???
Ok gonna order mine online today - hope it's not too much of a wait - there is no reason for the vast price difference.

Even after brokerage and other taxes id still be saving, and considering the DS isn't replying to me anyways, it's not like I'll get it any faster going local

Reactions: SMPL
OK I am a little inpatient so I couldn't hold back on talking to my DS and here is his response below as an FYI

Latest intel on the truck is its on the US side of the border on its way to the Sarnia crossing... all I have for now. Still feeling like next week will work, but, need my guys to have eyes on the car first before we confirm.
Count down is on!

i don't have access to my a tesla account as i took over someone else's order ... so all my updates are direct from DS.
i'll be giving justin a call tomorrow to get an update on the trucks location and will let you all know the outcome of the discussion !!
they let you take over someone else's reservation? I asked but was denied...