Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery today in Charlotte

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had a scheduled delivery at 11:00am today in Charlotte, NC. Decided at the last minute to trade a Prius so had it appraised at CarMax. The delivery person was pleasant about the unexpected trade but indicated it would take a couple hours to redo the paperwork since everything had to go thru California. He asked if I wanted to look at my car. I did and fortunately felt there were no fit or finish issues. But the car, sitting in the inside delivery bay was dirty. The delivery person explained that it had been outside for a few days and they really don't wash cars the day of delivery. He offered to spray a detailer and wipe off the sediment. I said absolutely not. I would be happy to wash the car when I got home since it being a 100 mile drive the car would need to be washed before I apply a paint sealant tomorrow. I left the store to get some lunch and returned a couple hours later. My car had been taken out of the delivery bay and washed. Having previously owned a MS, I am fairly familiar with the controls but the delivery person was very cordial about showing me anything I wanted explained. Overall a very pleasant experience other than the initial attempt to give me a dirty car.

The dealer out here said that their standing policy was to run your proposed trade-in through Tesla's trade in calculator and, if CarMax gave you a better estimate, they would match it. In my case, Tesla beat CarMax' offer by a few hundred bucks.

The dealer out here said that their standing policy was to run your proposed trade-in through Tesla's trade in calculator and, if CarMax gave you a better estimate, they would match it. In my case, Tesla beat CarMax' offer by a few hundred bucks.

I found Shift gave a better deal than Carmax and Tesla. They even came to me and picked up the car. Not sure if it’s available everywhere though.