TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here:

Delivery tomorrow - I'm a very jaded guy but have to admit I'm actually excited

Discussion in 'Model S' started by calisnow, Mar 3, 2016.

1. calisnow

calisnow Member

Oct 11, 2014
    Los Angeles
    I didn't anticipate feeling anticipation about this car, honestly. In reality the moment is not here - I still can't completely decide on what Tesla I want for myself so I punted the decision down the road a few more months and simply bit the bullet on a local inventory Model S for my mom right now (she needs a car as well). I still have an order deposit in with Tesla for myself but keep going round and round on configuration and whether to keep postponing waiting for AP 2.0.

Tomorrow I go with her to pick it up a 2016 70D in midnight silver with gray next gen seats and pano roof - and I'm genuinely excited for her and sure as heck hope she likes it!

I also hope she doesn't get in a wreck using autopilot...
  2. JenniferQ

JenniferQ Kool-Aid Drinker

Sep 13, 2015
    San Diego, CA
    I don't ever worry about a wreck with AP. Those sensors are much better than we are. And each day I liken driving my Tesla to an adventure. Will she be able to park herself or won't she? What new firmware might come through today? Will I park somewhere I need to use summon? How many miles can I drive on AP without touching the wheel? Jk, I always "please" hold the wheel. Every other car I've had, incl a Ferrari, has been just another car at the end of the day. Not this one.