Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery tomorrow

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Anzir I'd love to have a gated courtyard, but the lots are too small in my subdivision. Is your home available for photo shoots?

Another reason for the courtyard is the privacy, especially since my wife is a former prosecutor. :) That being said, I don't think she would be on board for shoots. Our builder brought someone named Stephen Allen and he photographed the house after completion. Here are a couple of shots from that shoot.

Attachments

• Front_Exterior_1.jpg
    Front_Exterior_1.jpg
    262.3 KB · Views: 105
  • Rear_Exterior_3.jpg
    Rear_Exterior_3.jpg
    468.2 KB · Views: 96
  • Front_Exterior_2.jpg
    Front_Exterior_2.jpg
    339.4 KB · Views: 111
  • Rear_Exterior_1.jpg
    Rear_Exterior_1.jpg
    465.7 KB · Views: 103
More bad news today from DS....part needed to fix liftgate has to be acquired from factory in CA. My case is now escalated to regional manager. As of this moment I’m being told 2 weeks to obtain part and fix...mind you this is a brand new car that i still don’t have ownership of.

Should I start looking to re-order? I also have a message in to my OA to see if any inventory available.

I’m thinking of tweeting Elon to see if he can assist!

• Love
Reactions: P85_DA
More bad news today from DS....part needed to fix liftgate has to be acquired from factory in CA. My case is now escalated to regional manager. As of this moment I’m being told 2 weeks to obtain part and fix...mind you this is a brand new car that i still don’t have ownership of.

Should I start looking to re-order? I also have a message in to my OA to see if any inventory available.

I’m thinking of tweeting Elon to see if he can assist!

At this point you should see what Tesla will offer you. Is there a time crunch where you have to have the car? Then check inventory. There is a great website that will list all of them, unlike Tesla's which has minimal listings. I tried looking on the Tesla forums for it but I couldn't find it.
Otherwise the liftgate seems like something that once fixed won't cause long-term problems. Either way I'd have them throw in free extended warranty for sure.

Reactions: IRDoc
At this point you should see what Tesla will offer you. Is there a time crunch where you have to have the car? Then check inventory. There is a great website that will list all of them, unlike Tesla's which has minimal listings. I tried looking on the Tesla forums for it but I couldn't find it.
Otherwise the liftgate seems like something that once fixed won't cause long-term problems. Either way I'd have them throw in free extended warranty for sure.

Site to check Tesla inventory

Tesla Info

• Informative
Reactions: IRDoc and Anzir

Haven’t been offered anything other than a “sorry this is happening” and frankly not sure who or how to ask. And no there is no time crunch...have just been disappointed twice with postponed and canceled deliveries.

Last edited:
Are you trading a vehicle in? One issue would be the time schedule of having the offer be invalid. You could definitely try to get a tesla loaner if they have one. I would assume you could talk to your DS/OA/service center since someone may be able to help you out with that. Sorry this is happening to you. It's not news that anyone ever wants to hear for sure.

Reactions: IRDoc
Are you trading a vehicle in? One issue would be the time schedule of having the offer be invalid. You could definitely try to get a tesla loaner if they have one. I would assume you could talk to your DS/OA/service center since someone may be able to help you out with that. Sorry this is happening to you. It's not news that anyone ever wants to hear for sure.

Yes, trading in vehicle. They told me they will hold the offer as we agreed upon even with the extra miles.

I have sent an email to my DS asking for a loaner and any other reimburment or complimentary extended warranty for this inconvenience

Reactions: Anzir and TexasRat
****Update

Spoke to delivery manager. Entire rear liftgate needs to be replaced before delivery. Obviously the shear size of the part is a logistical shipping headache. Awaiting another update tomorrow morning after service team and manager speak to be provided a more accurate timeframe. Supposedly a quick replacement of latch won’t work either. In the cars present form the gate doesn’t close so not drive worthy.

My patience is thin but hanging in. I think canceling and reordering at this point may be loaded with more hassle and aggravation and clearly delay.

Reactions: Anzir and TexasRat
****Update

Spoke to delivery manager. Entire rear liftgate needs to be replaced before delivery. Obviously the shear size of the part is a logistical shipping headache. Awaiting another update tomorrow morning after service team and manager speak to be provided a more accurate timeframe. Supposedly a quick replacement of latch won’t work either. In the cars present form the gate doesn’t close so not drive worthy.

My patience is thin but hanging in. I think canceling and reordering at this point may be loaded with more hassle and aggravation and clearly delay.
Good luck! My patience is also starting to wear thing as my car is still in the shop 1.5 weeks after dropping it off to deal with FWD alignment issues and a few other minor things. Keep at it, we'll be able to laugh about it later over drinks a few years from now ... :p

• Love
Reactions: Anzir and P85_DA