Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery tomorrow

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just found out today that my Model X is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow.

This was pretty sudden for me, and I'm not super-prepared.
One question I have: Is there any hardware that is coming soon?
like will cars produced next month have different autopilot cameras/sensors than this one that was built this month?

I was thinking I'd be getting a 2023 Model X. Getting a 2022 model year means the resale value is somewhat lower (maybe $1500 or so after 5 years for the exact same configuration).

What have people found regarding Tesla's trade-in valuations? I have a 2012 Model S to sell.

thanks!

and would the HW4 be better than the current HW?
Is it possible to defer this delivery to February? The original delivery window was Jan-Feb.
I guess with Tesla this is a valid question since sometimes they like to remove features.

But yes; hardware 4 should be superior to HW3.

No you cannot delay until Feb. but you can refuse delivery and get out back in the queue.

Reactions: derekt75
The queue seems a lot shorter today than when I ordered a year ago, but I don't think I have the patience to wait several more months. I guess whenever you get a car, there's always the next feature that is just about to come out that your car doesn't have.

Sounds like it's time for me to enjoy what I have rather than worry about what I might be missing.

Car is here! Delivered at 6 pm for a 12-4 delivery window, but it's here. Person delivering it pretty much dropped it off and left. She told me to tap the key icon in the app, and that was about it.

Now I need to figure out how to use the new car. I'm pretty lost in it.

Some questions:
Does the car no longer come with any charging equipment? I can use my Model S stuff, but if I didn't have that, I'm not sure what I'd do.
Is the car supposed to come with anything in it other than two "key cards"?

thanks

I have an X order on hold until March 1st, waiting to see what happens with HD Radar in January before I do anything. HW4 really looks like it’s right around the corner. In a perfect world in January Xs start getting shipped matrix headlights with new cameras in them and HD Radar, then I can be confident in removing my hold. Otherwise I may keep the hold for longer, just depends on willpower…

I have an X order on hold until March 1st, waiting to see what happens with HD Radar in January before I do anything. HW4 really looks like it’s right around the corner. In a perfect world in January Xs start getting shipped matrix headlights with new cameras in them and HD Radar, then I can be confident in removing my hold. Otherwise I may keep the hold for longer, just depends on willpower…

I'm surprised they let you put a order on hold for that long.

• Helpful
Reactions: n.one.one
I'm surprised they let you put an order on hold for that long.
They had me order a LR X instead of the Plaid so they could put me on hold until the first month provided on the delivery estimate. Said a less confusing way X LR is expected between March - June so they could hold me until March, and I get all of the price lock benefits and increasing priority as my order ages (apparently).