Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery Trouble.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone, just looking for some insight as to what I should be expecting. I ordered my Midnight LR MY on 09/01. I have not heard from anyone except the congratulations email from my advisor. I realized I had not fully submitted my profile and on 10/01 that was completed. My estimated delivery is 2-4 weeks and I still have heard nothing. I have no VIN and no contact. I reached out to my advisor and have not received a response. Should I call Tesla? I live on the east Coast if that matters.

Hi everyone, just looking for some insight as to what I should be expecting. I ordered my Midnight LR MY on 09/01. I have not heard from anyone except the congratulations email from my advisor. I realized I had not fully submitted my profile and on 10/01 that was completed. My estimated delivery is 2-4 weeks and I still have heard nothing. I have no VIN and no contact. I reached out to my advisor and have not received a response. Should I call Tesla? I live on the east Coast if that matters.

Have you completed all the steps listed on your account? Setup you financing, insurance, etc.?

So I am awaiting insurance as in Connecticut we require the VIN to be listed on the policy. Everything else is complete. Financing was submitted 10/01 when I finalized my profile.

You should be hearing something relatively soon, and you could always call your SA. Sadly, the ordering process and timing isn't well communicated or very predictable. When I ordered my car in September, the fulfillment timing was stated as 7 to 11 weeks, but I picked up the car in 4 weeks. I had to call my SA to get a VIN, but even then it was still a couple weeks after that before the car was built and shipped. I will say tho that my SA was super helpful and didn't make me feel like a heel for checking in. Also, I'm told that the last quarter of the year is focused on overseas deliveries so you might still deal with some randomness in getting dates for build, and delivery. Wish I could tell you something better.:rolleyes:

I ordered on August 30th (profile completed same day) and we received 0 communications from Tesla until this Wednesday (October 14th) to schedule delivery. I’m also east coast.

I called Tesla weekly asking if there were any updates, or actions to complete on my end. It just came down to being patient and waiting for their assignment. Good luck!

So I am awaiting insurance as in Connecticut we require the VIN to be listed on the policy. Everything else is complete. Financing was submitted 10/01 when I finalized my profile.

From one CT resident to another, my suggestion to you is to get in your car, drive to Mt Kisco and DO NOT leave untill you speak to someone. I ordered mine in June and drove there twice to get responses; 1st time was to get an answer to my repeated email requests regarding delivery date and a VIN number (which surprisingly, the visit resulted in getting the VIN number and an estimated delivery date. The second time, which was delivery day and the last day of quarter, only to be told my car was not there and that it was damaged en-route. So again, I would say, drive there. I totally understand the traffic concerns, but the time to get there will be time well spent, gathering your thoughts for a successful discussion. Don't be afraid to let the lion of the cage.