TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Delivery up from $2k to $2.5k for lower 48?

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by hmmm, Jun 10, 2018.

1. hmmm

hmmm Member

Am I late to the party or was this recently increased?

2. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight Fluxing

News to me... that's really getting expensive. $2k is believable.. $2.5k -- gouging for sure.

3. hmmm

hmmm Member

Agreed. On the "bright" side, HI is still set to $5k (which is stupidly expensive too) :rolleyes:

4. TomServo

TomServo Member

This seemed to change since yesterday. I was looking at some CPO's and the max shipping was $2000, today it's up to $2500, So now buying a CPO is $3500 and that's on a CPO not refurbished that you can't see in person. Tesla is making it very difficult to buy pre-owned unless you live near a Store.

5. ramesses

ramesses Member

I'm in the process of purchasing a used p85d from Tesla. I live in San Diego and I was interested in a few vehicles listed on the Tesla website as being located in LA. I asked my sales advisor if I could just drive up there to see them and he said that wasn't possible since they're stored in some inaccessible site. Apparently, the only possible way to get an eyeball on a car is to pony up the $1k deposit (and delivery fee, if applicable) which triggers the delivery of the vehicle to the delivery center.