Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery update from order on Oct. 1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered 75D Sept 22, confirmed September 26, and vin shortly thereafter. When I ordered, the website said later November delivery. Shortly after, it updated to late Dec or early January. Today I heard from my DS that the car is due to reach the dealership on Dec 18th. Website has not updated off of “scheduled for production”.

I’m in Ontario.

Waiting sucks!

The website finally updated today that my car is in production!!!!

Ordered 9/30. Confirmed 10/3. VIN assigned 10/5. I immediately applied for the promotional financing of .99% as I understood it was expiring 10/1. Approved, but must have final MVPA by 11/29 or it expires. Original delivery estimate on MyTesla was late Nov-early Dec. Bounced between that and Dec.-early January for a few days, where it finally settled. Spoke with DS as I was immediately concerned about financing rate expiration. Spoke to DS this week and she says all she can see is projected completion by 12/11. Can't issue MVPA more than 21 days before delivery projection, which I'm sure depends on shipping to Dallas. Could happen, but will be close. Is there anything we can do to "encourage" the process along? Any idea what to expect on shipping time from factory to Dallas? How long does service center need vehicle to prep for delivery?

Ordered ours 30 Sept, confirmed 3 Oct and the estimated delivery has always been late Nov - early Dec. Our DS emailed last week to schedule a delivery date/time after 22 Nov and we selected "Black Friday".

Last night the MyTesla page updated our car's status to "in production". Guess I had better start practicing the "Tesla Grin" :)

Ordered ours 30 Sept, confirmed 3 Oct and the estimated delivery has always been late Nov - early Dec. Our DS emailed last week to schedule a delivery date/time after 22 Nov and we selected "Black Friday".

Last night the MyTesla page updated our car's status to "in production". Guess I had better start practicing the "Tesla Grin" :)
Sweet! Maybe there is hope for mine hitting the floor in time to hit my finance target. My order is for midnight silver 75D with black interior.

Sweet! Maybe there is hope for mine hitting the floor in time to hit my finance target. My order is for midnight silver 75D with black interior.
Hope the timeline works out for you. Your DS can see where you car is in the pipeline. Which can ease you mind or cause some grey hair.

We're only a few hours from the factory so the time from completion to arrival at our local Tesla showroom/SC is pretty short. Having traveled through TX on several occasions, there is nothing "close by" anything else. ;) I can see where shipping could add a few days.

Got a call from my DS last night. Have a soft delivery date set for Dec 22nd!! Merry Christmas to me!

You ordered almost a month before me but are picking it up in the same location. I wonder if our cars would be on the same truck as it would be cost efficient to make and ship all the cars going to the same pickup location at the same time ... My status on website has not changed and is still saying scheduled for production.

Allenkoehler - I'm trying to learn what emails Tesla sounds you during the process from ordering to delivery. Did you receive an email when your VIN was assigned and when your car entered production?
I did get an email from my DS when a VIN was assigned and another once the car went into production. Very much a stock email from him.

When I asked if there was a soft delivery date, I was given the date when my car was going to go into production and sure enough, my account showed that the car went into production the date he gave me.

I pick up the car tomorrow from the Devon showroom!

• Love
Reactions: Duffer and Olds442
You ordered almost a month before me but are picking it up in the same location. I wonder if our cars would be on the same truck as it would be cost efficient to make and ship all the cars going to the same pickup location at the same time ... My status on website has not changed and is still saying scheduled for production.

I heard from Cameron, my DS, that my car is sitting in the lot in Oakville now. I am going to go see it tonight. Hopefully yours is here too?! Did you get a call about the year-end Delivery event?

I heard from Cameron, my DS, that my car is sitting in the lot in Oakville now. I am going to go see it tonight. Hopefully yours is here too?! Did you get a call about the year-end Delivery event?

Congrats, since you will be out of town next week I think we will be picking it up at the same time at the event.

The last I heard two days ago, my Tesla was in Chicago and from there will be put on a train to Toronto ... I think yours was part of another shipment that came this week (Crusher picked his up this week from Oakville as well)