Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery vs Pick-up

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So living in New England, my nearest Tesla center is in MA, who apparently wont give temporary plates...hence I can't pick up there. The alternative my advisor suggested is for them to rent me a car and drive 5.5 hrs to NJ, pick up the car and drive my Y home. Or, a less desirable option, according to him, is to have the Y delivered to my location.
Which is the better option?

Delivery--I assume its just a car hauler driver making the delivery, and any problems I have cant be fixed or even guaranteed to be fixed, other than by putting them in the app. Basically, unless super obvious problems, I would be accepting the car, so if I feel like quality necessitates, I would return it and then have the problem of the 7 day return, no option to get another unless I change something. I guess this is the same problem for most people that pick up--I just wish I could have a delivery advisor to go through it with me.
Pickup--Apart from the long trip, which could be enjoyable one way but not both, would cause me to exceed my 100 mile period. And what if I refuse the car on pickup? Then I have no way home!

Anyone have experience with this or advice one way or the other?

I am in the same boat. 5 hours or 280 miles one way to nearest delivery center (luckily a service center is 10 miles away). Keep switching back and forth. I want to be able to inspect before handing over money but I am nearing 6 weeks with no update and have been told I would only have a 3 day window to schedule pick-up (with only a couple days heads-up). Hard with my work schedule.

350 miles for me.

And they're giving me a terrible trade offer, so I've got to scramble and get money to close on this deal by Thursday.

PXL_20210731_191431106_2.jpg

Screenshot 2021-08-03 1.41.25 PM.png

Their response is they use a 3rd party.

Anyone think they need another 3rd party?