Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery Warning

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do not take your SA's word that they will fix any issues found upon delivery at some future date. Insist they fix the issues then and there, before accepting the car. Stick to your guns!

The story:

My front pass door seal was so badly installed that anyone who opened the door would have strangled themselves on the loop created. This includes any QA person who might have looked at the car before we saw it.

OK, not a big deal. The rest of the car was pretty good. After reading the horror stories found here and elsewhere (and taking grains of salt) we insisted that a mobile service appointment be created to have them come out and replace the gasket. They were too busy making their end-of-quarter numbers to do the repair right then.

So far so good. Got an email confirming the appointment. Thought my Tesla Hell experience was behind me (that's another story, you can see my posts elsewhere).

Playing with the app the next day, I couldn't find the appointment. Thinking "newbie error" I contacted "chat" and they found no appointment. Upon further digging, they found that the mobile service people cancelled the appointment. No reason given, no email notice sent. I would have been sitting at home waiting for someone to show up.

Chat rescheduled the appointment and now it shows up on the app. Chat said they would put a note in the record telling them not to cancel without telling me. Do I have any confidence this will happen - NONE!

Looking on the app, I noticed that the first step is Preparation. It then says that the service visit is scheduled. "WE'LL BEGIN REVIEW SHORTLY." Very critical wording here. That means they aren't really committing to anything other than reviewing the request.

So - as I said at the top of the posting, stick to your guns. Get everything fixed BEFORE accepting the car.

Based on what I've been reading, it sounds like this warning can apply to almost any service/delivery center, but mine was Mt. Kisco.

• Funny
Reactions: P85_DA
Yikes! sorry about that. The service request is pretty standard. Make sure you have pictures! they'll review and as it gets closer to your appt date, an "estimate" will be sent which should be literally the same as what you wrote in your request. estimate should be $0. day of appointment, they'll review it with you and what not. just know a lot of the texting hoohaa are just boilerplate stuff when it progresses through each step until you actually speak to a person.

Actually speak to a person!?! Wow that would be something special.

Texting hooha? What texting? I have never received a text from anyone at Tesla. All my one-way communication has been via email. NONE of which were ever answered. Three phone calls is the sum total of their communication. One the day before delivery and one the morning of delivery telling me that the insurance card needed fixing (this on a Sunday) and a third on the 2nd delivery date giving me wrong information on the time of the appt.

My mistake, I did not take pictures of the seal. The SA jammed the rubber back in and said it would be fine until it gets replaced. I'll take pix tomorrow and include them in the service appt., assuming it's still there.

The key is to make sure you take pictures that also reflect the date. My SA basically said this is key, but I've also seen other threads where owners have gone back to the SC in a month after delivery and have gotten issues fixed free of charge. I just got my Y and waiting to go to the SC which isn't until 10/12....hopefully no issues