TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

"Delivery will be a cakewalk"

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by jtpassat, Apr 1, 2016.

1. jtpassat

jtpassat Member

I haven't read this anywhere else but Barrons.com.

Tesla Motors: 180,000 Model 3 Orders and Counting

Global Equities Research’s Trip Chowdhry contends “Model 3 production will be a cake walk.” He explains why:

Model 3 is designed with “Production First” mindset – a very different mindset from that of Model X

More than 60% of Tesla Model 3 body is made of Steel, the remaining some plastic polymer and Aluminum – this makes manufacturing very simple and straight forward

Model 3 Roof is made of Complete Glass – this takes 1/10th the effort, with 1/100 of potential defects when compared to metallic roof – which makes production easy and fast

Tesla Model 3 Body is made of self contained modules (Manufactured at TSLA Lathrop Facility) – this makes assembly extremely simple and fast

Model 3 needs 1/3rd of the suppliers that Model S needed – Model 3 supply chain is 3x more efficient and simple vs. Model S – Hence supplier complexity is reduced by a factor of 3

Hence, delivering first Tesla Model 3 by 4Q’2017 is easily achievable

• Informative x 2
  2. BBryson

BBryson Member

If those numbers become real production statistics, that is the best news about the Model 3 I've ever read.

3. Subhuman

Subhuman Member

Oh, yeah. I don't think the Model X windshield was a cake walk. Rumor has it that it was on of the factors delaying the ramp. Making one price of glass that large with many curves is quite complex.