Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery Window? Production Vehicles??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

everydaychris

Feb 10, 2020
CA
Early Res here in March.

We are finally ready to get our car in Feb of 2021. We delayed our order in June when we had a car ready for us and they said no problem.

I emailed my Sales advisor today just to confirm our feb delivery date. However, I was given a weird answer and was wondering if you guys have any thoughts and suggestions.

"We will not have vehicles for delivery in Feb 2021, it is outside our delivery window. We will however have limited inventory in January. As well as production vehicles arriving in March 2021."

So does that mean it's too far out to know if a car will be ready?

Also, I'm confused with the production vehicles part. Does this just mean more vehicles in March?

Am I looking too into this like a text from a girl I really like? hahaha

Thanks

Ah, so Tesla traditionally manufactures and delivers vehicles for the US market in the last month of each quarter, so March, June, September, and December, with the remaining months used for international deliveries.
MY isn't being delivered internationally, just USA and Canada. Tesla traditionally does the bulk of end of quarter deliveries in California so as to maximize their EOQ numbers. That's why they quoted March to the OP. But that may change when the new Fremont assembly line (GA4.5) goes into full production.

what the nonsense.

So you're saying that you can only get a car during march June sep etc??!

That's so weird lol..

So I can't even get a MY in FEB? I'd have to get one in Jan? or wait till March?

How the..
4kakl8.jpg

Perhaps your sales advisor is thinking S/X/3 Jan/Feb production going to other markets and either isn’t aware the Y isn’t going to those markets or is just confused in general.

I think Y demand is too high right now to send out of North America.

It may also just be hard to predict delivery 4 months out.

Reactions: everydaychris
Considering how new this car is I don't think they're going to stop production any time soon.
This is what my SA said

I can set your account to be matched to a VIN in late January. However, I would not recommend this, we will not have vehicles arriving in February. Specially for Model Y's. There is a list we have for those that need delivery as of yesterday, to which a good amount is still waiting for a VIN to be available.

By production vehicles arriving in March, I did not mean changes. There are no physical changes coming to the vehicle. If there are software changes everyone gets those including already delivered costumers. I simply meant; we will not produce more cars for North America until March comes around when the factory will once again produce vehicles for us.

Middle of November will be a heavy focus for December deliveries, meaning all the orders we currently have waiting for a vehicle to be produced for them. A February delivery , if possible, would be something you check in with us in mid-January. Assuming we have any Model Y's available at that point.

I can't place you on a priority list until you are ready to take delivery ASAP. Priority is set not simply by order date; we consider account completion including payment method.

We can be in contact in January and see if we can make a February delivery possible for you.

Considering how new this car is I don't think they're going to stop production any time soon.
This is what my SA said

I can set your account to be matched to a VIN in late January. However, I would not recommend this, we will not have vehicles arriving in February. Specially for Model Y's. There is a list we have for those that need delivery as of yesterday, to which a good amount is still waiting for a VIN to be available.

By production vehicles arriving in March, I did not mean changes. There are no physical changes coming to the vehicle. If there are software changes everyone gets those including already delivered costumers. I simply meant; we will not produce more cars for North America until March comes around when the factory will once again produce vehicles for us.

Middle of November will be a heavy focus for December deliveries, meaning all the orders we currently have waiting for a vehicle to be produced for them. A February delivery , if possible, would be something you check in with us in mid-January. Assuming we have any Model Y's available at that point.

I can't place you on a priority list until you are ready to take delivery ASAP. Priority is set not simply by order date; we consider account completion including payment method.

We can be in contact in January and see if we can make a February delivery possible for you.
Interesting anecdote: “There are no physical changes coming to the vehicle.”

They’re either trying to get you to purchase ASAP, or they have word from Fremont that new changes, such as the upgraded center console, won’t be implemented for a bit.

Interesting anecdote: “There are no physical changes coming to the vehicle.”

They’re either trying to get you to purchase ASAP, or they have word from Fremont that new changes, such as the upgraded center console, won’t be implemented for a bit.
Definitely a let down because everyone else says its coming soon. It makes no sense for them to produce 2 different types of cars when they came from the same m3 platform to begin with lol

In addition to my longstanding RWD preorder, I ordered an AWD a few days ago, just before the latest FSD price increase. It's a contingency in case Tesla decides not to produce the MY RWD. Yesterday a Tesla SA from Walnut Creek called me to let me know that my AWD order probably won't be filled until March!

Reactions: everydaychris
Well I just checked the ordering web page and they no longer show estimated time to deliver for any model currently in production. I have not visited this page since the plaid MS was announced. Something new or it has been this way for a while now?

Well I just checked the ordering web page and they no longer show estimated time to deliver for any model currently in production. I have not visited this page since the plaid MS was announced. Something new or it has been this way for a while now?

Wow shows mid yr for me in Canada. I guess I should be thankful I ordered mine a month ago and its coming in a few days!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201101-080757_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20201101-080757_Chrome.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 74
lol.. Maybe they're having production issues? Its crazy how we can't think of Tesla as a normal car dealer. If I wanted another car I'd ask the dealer he'd say custom make it and ready in x months. With Tesla it's get it now if you can because we have no idea when it would come

I guess everyone here is new. This is not a big deal. This was the same schedule for the 3. They give you your car at the last month of the quarter. March, June, September, December. I don’t understand the outrage when you wanted to delay your order. Just pick the quarter you’ll prefer and you’ll get your car. Last year I got my 3 on March 22, ordered March. This year I got my Y on Sept 22, ordered in August.

This is out of the SA’s control so there’s no point getting mad bout it. You know the deal now you can plan better.

Reactions: DanDi58