TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Delivery

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Rawad H., Nov 9, 2014.

1. Rawad H.

Rawad H. Member

So my DS told me that I can expect my model s later November early December I find it a little weird that just a few weeks before I still don't have a start date or delivery date?

2. gg_got_a_tesla

gg_got_a_tesla Model S: VIN P65513, Model 3 Res Holder

Par for the course. It could all come together in quick time so, if you have any specific vacation plans in the next few weeks, it'd be a good idea to keep your DS informed of them.

3. Rawad H.

Rawad H. Member

I'm just a little confused as to why people who just ordered the p85d have dates when I ordered mine 3 months ago and am still in the dark.

4. breser

breser AutoPilot Nostradamus

Not sure why you started another thread when you have this one going:
    order time

5. ggr

ggr Roadster R80 537, SigS P85 29

Not sure how you ordered one three months ago, when it hadn't been announced yet.

6. randompersonx

randompersonx Member

There are only a few people with "dates". I'm one of them, and was flat out told that it was a guidance date only, and that it likely would change.

I do agree though that it seems like they have 10,000 promised deliveries coming up in December.

7. andrewket

andrewket 2014 S P85DL, 2016 X P90DL (soon 100)

He means a model S. It's simple- tesla is prioritizing the cars with more margin to boost Q4 sales figures.

8. 3s-a-charm

3s-a-charm Active Member

Good! My fully loaded Model S should be prioritized as it is full of margin!

9. randompersonx

randompersonx Member

Sure, but I'd also bet he has recently got his VIN, and therefore should be getting his car in December. If he still does not have his VIN, then perhaps he will be waiting a while more. Probably the last day to get a VIN and have a good shot at receiving the car before 12/31/2014 will be this Friday.

10. Rawad H.

Rawad H. Member

Thx for the responses, I ordere a 85kwh in August and received my vin early October.