Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • The final cut of the 9th episode of the Tesla Motors Club Podcast, featuring Chad Schwitters, the former president of Plug In America, is now available. You can watch it now on YouTube or listen to it on all major podcast networks.

Delta Inverter Communications

aesculus

Still Trying to Figure This All Out
May 31, 2015
Northern California
The Delta M4 that Tesla supplies only seems to have Bluetooth to talk to their little gateway box you need to plug into a ethernet cable. Delta says the M series can have Wi-Fi and ethernet as an option.

I am looking for a way to see what this inverter is doing vs only the aggregated value from all three of my solar systems in the Tesla app.

Has anyone put in the optional communications card and if so could you access the data from the inverter?

Note I have not gotten a PTO for this inverter yet so I am not certain what capabilities Tesla will provide if anything. The Tesla installer basically said it was for FW updates and monitoring by Tesla, but he did not even allude that I would have access to any data from the inverter other than the CT that is monitoring my collection of inverters.

aesculus

May 31, 2015
Northern California
I use the "M professional" app if I want to see info of each inverter. You need to be close to it though for a connection since this is via bluetooth.
Thanks. I too can use that for a spot view of production, but was hoping for something more "historical" and one that I didn't have to "go for a walk" to check on. Plus I would like to capture the output in my computer.

aesculus

May 31, 2015
Northern California
Hello,

I have a Delta M10 and tried plugging in the ethernet port but it doesn't appear to be active. I tried looking at the Delta manuals but it doesn't say anything on how to activate it. Any advice?
Did you log in as a customer and select Network and then Ethernet and then select the Connect button at the bottom? I only use a static IP address for the ethernet so cannot comment on how DHCP might work, but I would think the same.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC