Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delta inverter disable arc password/code

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ahoy! I have a 12.24kW system in Massachusetts, and my inverter throws "Arc Fault Self Test Error" basically every day. I've tried working with Tesla support but they either ignore me or that I should ignore it. Every time the self test fails, the inverter shuts down for a few minutes, so I'm losing production.

I am guessing that if the self-test is failing, it probably isn't going to detect an actual arc either... All of Tesla's history with arc-related fires, and Walmart accusing Tesla of ignoring alerts leading to further fires makes me think that I should not trust Tesla with the safety of my home.

I'm working with a local solar tech to add external arc fault detection/shutdown, but need to disable the arc detection in the inverter. The M Tools app asks for an authorization code to disable it, which is not 6532 or the date code.

Does anyone know what this is or how to get it? I've tried calling delta inverter support and they won't talk to me because I don't work for Tesla.