Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delta m8 vs tesla inverter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just noticed some one got Tesla Invertor and his utility company is also PPL. My utility company is also PPL; but, for me they installed SolarEdge Invertor and Optimizers. I wanted Tesla and they said their Invertor is not approved by PPL and they stopped putting Delta Invertors. Looks they are allover the place and full of lies.

I just noticed some one got Tesla Invertor and his utility company is also PPL. My utility company is also PPL; but, for me they installed SolarEdge Invertor and Optimizers. I wanted Tesla and they said their Invertor is not approved by PPL and they stopped putting Delta Invertors. Looks they are allover the place and full of lies.
Do you know who got a tesla inverter (ppl)

This is what my advisor said in a chat "At this time, I do see that you will receive a 7.6 kW inverter for your 10.4 kW system size. Considering our inverters overdrive up to 150% then the inverter can handle much more than what it is described as. Inverters also inherently work more efficiently when they are maxed out, increasing the amount of energy you can convert in the ramp-up periods of the mornings and evenings. In a well-designed system, this extra production in off-peak times from having your system be oversized compared to your inverter will more than compensate for whatever energy may be lost during clipping during peak times from a matched or undersized system. Tesla solar utilizes Maximum PowerPoint Trackers (MPPTs) to increase the efficiency of your system and to increase production when shade or cloud cover falls on your panels. The string configuration of your system maximizes this efficiency by separating groups of your panels so that decreased production on one panel will not affect the others in the different strings while also being more affordable."

This is what my advisor said in a chat "At this time, I do see that you will receive a 7.6 kW inverter for your 10.4 kW system size. Considering our inverters overdrive up to 150% then the inverter can handle much more than what it is described as. Inverters also inherently work more efficiently when they are maxed out, increasing the amount of energy you can convert in the ramp-up periods of the mornings and evenings. In a well-designed system, this extra production in off-peak times from having your system be oversized compared to your inverter will more than compensate for whatever energy may be lost during clipping during peak times from a matched or undersized system. Tesla solar utilizes Maximum PowerPoint Trackers (MPPTs) to increase the efficiency of your system and to increase production when shade or cloud cover falls on your panels. The string configuration of your system maximizes this efficiency by separating groups of your panels so that decreased production on one panel will not affect the others in the different strings while also being more affordable."
Either Tesla advisors are big Liar or lack of knowledge or communication with their system. For me they said Tesla stopped using Delta invertors; looks like there are answering to there needs. For me they have installed Two Invertors SolarEdge 7.6 KW - Connected to 18 panels (i.e. 400x18 = 7.2KW) and another SolarEdge Invertor 3.6KW - Connected to 18 panels (i.e. 400x8 = 2.2KW). If u want to discuss further send me ur email ID; I will share my phone number to talk.

Now Tesla is saying I will receive SolarEdge inverter in my new planset they sent me yesterday, but they don't know the model num. Did anyone received a Solaredge lately? If yes, please share the model num. I am trying to find the AC/DC ratio of this inverter and warranty info.

Now Tesla is saying I will receive SolarEdge inverter in my new planset they sent me yesterday, but they don't know the model num. Did anyone received a Solaredge lately? If yes, please share the model num. I am trying to find the AC/DC ratio of this inverter and warranty info.
I believe SolarEdge have FIVE inverter and they are based on size. DC/AC changes based on size of the invertor. SolarEdge Invertors comes with 12 years warranty (all Invertors in the market have warranty 10 to 12 years); but you extend the warranty for unto 20 or 25 years by paying them the fee. My original design provided by Tesla included SolarEdge Invertor and Optimizer. The Optimizer comes with 25years warranty.

Reactions: abp5070