Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Demand Lever - 100D?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Sir Guacamolaf

The good kind of fat
Mar 15, 2016
Not in a Tesla
So Tesla pulled a demand lever this morning - you can now order a 100D. 335mi range. Impressive.
There are so many better demand levers they can pull though.

- Up the warranty to 8 years, all inclusive to counter reliability concerns.
- Greatly improve interiors
- Greatly reduce repair costs.

I just feel that this 100D demand lever won't move a lot of cars in Q1. Lets hope I'm wrong.

Reactions: William3
Why not? There are MANY people holding out for a 100D. We all know it's coming.

They'll just switch out to holding for the 120D now.
Reality is, my 70D has never left me "wanting for more range". Sure there is a minority of people who NEED 100D, but I feel that margin is super thin, and thinning further every day.

Anyway .. I really feel that if Tesla up'ed the warranty from 4 to 8 years, that would REALLY move a few cars.
They sell the ext. warranty for 4K, rather than lowering battery price (one day in the future), they should just up the warranty.
Just my 2c.

So Tesla pulled a demand lever this morning - you can now order a 100D. 335mi range. Impressive.
There are so many better demand levers they can pull though.

- Up the warranty to 8 years, all inclusive to counter reliability concerns.
- Greatly improve interiors
- Greatly reduce repair costs.

I just feel that this 100D demand lever won't move a lot of cars in Q1. Lets hope I'm wrong.
Soooo many were holding out for that psychological 100kwh/300+ miles real range.

It's the third week of the quarter. This was an easy 'demand lever' for them to pull. You can bet there will be more this quarter.

To be honest I doubt any of the features you suggest will produce more demand for ordering a car outright.

Interiors may be the only thing on your list that would make a difference... and I don't think too many people have been holding back.

Extended warranty is already available. Yes, at a cost, but dropping the price $4k would up demand more than extending the warranty IMHO.

Improve repair costs isn't measurable, so no dice there.

"I am not buying this car because ..."

1) The interior is not as good as it could be.
2) The warranty is too short.
3) Repair costs are too high.
4) I am waiting for the best range possible.

Out of these options I personally would go with 4.

Reactions: Falkirk