Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Demo Car, delivery vs pick up

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey!

Just wanted to see if anyone had a similar experience, I’ve taken a look but can’t find a similar UK specific thread.

Placed an order on a demo vehicle. It had that little asterisk “available for accelerated delivery”. It’s located in a city a few hours away, the ad just specified a region “North”, “East”, etc.
It also has the 900 and a bit pounds of “delivery and doc” fee.

I’ve now been told that I need to pick it up and that it can’t be delivered. The rep said that there was no way around it and offered to cancel the order, which is what I opted for.

I guess I’m a little surprised. The asterisk, the fee and the lack of these on the used cars which specifically state “available for pick up at…”

Anyone else had something similar or was I unlucky?

Cheers

The vagaries of Tesla and lack of ability to make sensible decisions without referral to management. It's holiday season and too much trouble to arrange delivery which might have cost a tad more. Customer service is often not of the best

Not heard of that but I’d bet it’s due to them wanting to sell it before the end of this month.
The logistics teams will be already stretched and it’s unlikely they’d be able to move it in the next few days. Instead, they’ll bank on finding someone willing to travel.