Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Demo vehicle pricing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

mfoley

Oct 14, 2019
MD
Hi folks, first-time buyer and Tesla noob here.

So I'm looking at a "new" Model 3. I was informed that it already has 700-800 miles on it, probably a demo car. I was also told one of the wheels is slightly curbed. Tesla is offering a price adjustment of $180. That seems a little low to me. What do you guys think?

Here's the wheel. Not too bad, I guess.

upload_2019-10-14_9-16-22.png

Curbed rims are pretty common to Teslas. since the wheel sticks out beyond the tire. It happens to everyone.
Tesla hasn't been known to take much off of its demos, but you can always ask.
See how much it would be to fix the wheels and try asking for that, but don't worry about fixing them. Let it be your first ding so that you don't have to worry about a pristine car.

If the alignments and the paint are in great shape, then it may be worth keeping. If you order a new car, it may only take days though.
But hurry the demos seem to sell quickly.

Why do you think that? You can check the inventory for your zip code on their website and see for yourself.

It just seems strange to me that Tesla would completely shut out the North American market for almost 2 months. Last quarter, people received cars within 2-4 weeks in the 2nd month (the equivalent of November this quarter). But it seems like Tesla is definitely saying all new Q4 orders wait until December for delivery.

That will definitely create demand in North America, but likely create a lot of cancellations as they approach Xmas. The $1750 tax credit isn't enough for most people to care.

Hi folks, first-time buyer and Tesla noob here.

So I'm looking at a "new" Model 3. I was informed that it already has 700-800 miles on it, probably a demo car. I was also told one of the wheels is slightly curbed. Tesla is offering a price adjustment of $180. That seems a little low to me. What do you guys think?

Here's the wheel. Not too bad, I guess.

View attachment 465875
A brand new aerowheel rim goes for 70 on eBay