Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

DEMOLISHED old EV Cannonball Coast to Coast record in Model S 85D!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We set out to raise awareness about human trafficking in my friends 2015 Model S 85D and to our surprise beat the previous record by over 3 hours. We managed to do it in 51 Hrs 47 Mins! Feel free to ask questions about our trip here and also check out the video documenting the whole thing:

You can find some additional data and photos here: Dropbox - 2017 EV Cannonball Record Press Kit and Burden of Proof

Curious how you leveraged the trip to publicize your cause. How does the larger population (i.e., other than EV owners who might see this post) learn about the trip and the cause?
Great accomplishment!

Nice job! Not trying to be a "one upper", but I did Fayetteville North Carolina to Phoenix Arizona in about 48 hours. That included a four hour stop to change out the 12 V battery at a Tesla service center. The rest of the trip was only stopping to charge. It's amazing how far you can go on a 40 minute power nap.

I really wish I had my Teslafi account set up when I did it.

Reactions: DrivingTheFuture
Curious how you leveraged the trip to publicize your cause. How does the larger population (i.e., other than EV owners who might see this post) learn about the trip and the cause?
Great accomplishment!
We knew we could only leverage it if we beat it... Which we did! Thousands are now being reminded it's an issue. News stations have also been pretty interested in the whole story because it involves Tesla...

Reactions: David29
Wow! From the article:
This is also the first time an electric car has surpassed the famous 1933 “Cannonball” transcontinental record set by Erwin G. Baker in a Graham-Paige model 57 Blue Streak 8, setting a 53.5 hour record that stood for nearly 40 years. This drive inspired the later Cannonball Baker Sea-To-Shining-Sea Memorial Trophy Dash, better known as the “Cannonball Run”.