Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Denied Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Went to take delivery of my Model Y today in Carlsbad and denied it due to 3-4 paint issues and 3 interior issues. I'll list them below with pics and tell me if I'm crazy. I'm willing to accept a certain amount of issues but 3 paint strikes and your out as far as I'm concerned. They of course said they would repaint and are very apologetic but didn't want to take a car, drive it around and get rock hits etc before paint protection, the it in for repaint and HOPE it comes out ok. Again, tell me if I'm crazy

EXT Issues:
-White paint fleks on upper surfaces of drivers side doors
-scratch on drivers fender front to metal-Repaint
-Scratch on drivers door
-Scratch on drivers door lower to metal
-swirl marks all over driver passenger door-possibly buffable
-paint imperfection on front hood/bumper
-5" drip on passenger side rear door-Repaint

Interior:
-Bubbles on headliner rear-replace headliner
-scratches on center console
-scratches all over door entry-(didnt really care about that)
-Rear console scratches as well
IMG_2385.jpg
IMG_2389.jpg

All that being said, can't wait to get the car....just want it right....or mostly right.

Spencer
IMG_2382.jpg
IMG_2383.jpg
IMG_2384.jpg
IMG_2377.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2386.jpg
    IMG_2386.jpg
    478 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_2378.jpg
    IMG_2378.jpg
    349.9 KB · Views: 76
Went to take delivery of my Model Y today in Carlsbad and denied it due to 3-4 paint issues and 3 interior issues. I'll list them below with pics and tell me if I'm crazy. I'm willing to accept a certain amount of issues but 3 paint strikes and your out as far as I'm concerned. They of course said they would repaint and are very apologetic but didn't want to take a car, drive it around and get rock hits etc before paint protection, the it in for repaint and HOPE it comes out ok. Again, tell me if I'm crazy

EXT Issues:
-White paint fleks on upper surfaces of drivers side doors
-scratch on drivers fender front to metal-Repaint
-Scratch on drivers door
-Scratch on drivers door lower to metal
-swirl marks all over driver passenger door-possibly buffable
-paint imperfection on front hood/bumper
-5" drip on passenger side rear door-Repaint

Interior:
-Bubbles on headliner rear-replace headliner
-scratches on center console
-scratches all over door entry-(didnt really care about that)
-Rear console scratches as well
View attachment 590064 View attachment 590062

All that being said, can't wait to get the car....just want it right....or mostly right.

SpencerView attachment 590067View attachment 590066 View attachment 590065View attachment 590069

You made the right call.

We denied delivery of our MY today due to paint issues (chips), and the hood was misaligned. One sales person actually told us NOT to take delivery. One sales person was just naive. The bottom line is we're paying a lot for these cars, they need to be right. we're back in the delivery period.

This was my wife's car. I took delivery of my M3 weeks ago and it was perfect

Her manufactured date was 08/20, VIN 38,294 of the car that we rejected.

This is definitely a bummer, I would have done the same.

I took delivery in Carlsbad today too.

White on white VIN 53,1xx.

Issues:
Exterior- Misalignment:
  • Front passenger door was misaligned and caused the weather stripping to stick out. They adjusted today and it’s fine now (thankfully)
  • Hood was not correct, but also fixed today
  • One headlight was slightly off, also fixed no problems.
  • Rear hatch was slightly misaligned but they pulled that in too. It’s a larger gap than what I’ve seen, but I inspected a few model Y’ there and they were all pretty similar and after they fixed it was at least all straight.
Exterior scratches:
  • Rear passenger side back window trim. There was a slight scratch on the metal trim, and was told they will replace (not a big deal for me personally, as they are going to replace the entire piece/window)
That was it exterior wise, the alignment of everything looked great. The taillights and charger port were perfectly flush so I was pretty excited. Also the rear white bumper is perfect color match (this was an issue with white)

Interior was basically flawless, no bubbling of any sort and the rear seats were almost perfectly aligned. So I was beyond pumped, both seats folded down and the rear tailgate functioned perfectly. The only issue was a pen or mark of some sort on the driver headrest and they couldn’t get it out so they are replacing the entire seat.

Overall, a great experience. I had to wait 2.5 hours for everything to get sorted but overall really happy with everything.

That's an easy decline for me. Who wants to pay 55k+ for a car that looks awful. You'd be taking a big leap of faith in the SC fixing an array of issues correctly and in a timely fashion. Save yourself the time and headaches and get one that's better from the get-go.