Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dent caused closing door on seat belt buckle

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We closed our rear door on the seatbelt buckle because the seatbelt didn’t retract due to a seatbelt sleeve. I just got the car last month and now it has a small dent and scratch, only noticeable when you open the door. Can this be fixed with paint less dent repair and touch up paint?

Attachments

• 6B4456EB-23E6-47E2-A0AB-F8750997CEB7.jpeg
    6B4456EB-23E6-47E2-A0AB-F8750997CEB7.jpeg
    252.9 KB · Views: 729
We closed our rear door on the seatbelt buckle because the seatbelt didn’t retract due to a seatbelt sleeve. I just got the car last month and now it has a small dent and scratch, only noticeable when you open the door. Can this be fixed with paint less dent repair and touch up paint?
I don't think that can be pulled the normal way with glue sticks etc (looks too small and tight), though I believe you could access it from underneath once all the aero cladding is removed. You're actually lucky that part is steel whereas the doorskin is aluminum. I'd check with your local/mobile dent repair guy.

Reactions: Firocity
So far I have gotten back a couple of responses that based on the location of the dent and how deep it is, PDR isn’t a good solution. I will keep trying and then decide if it is worth it to go with a conventional body shop or just live with it. I know this things will happen but dang I have only had the car a month!

Attachments

• 995A2775-119F-405A-A086-4C9E9EB4ECAA.jpeg
    995A2775-119F-405A-A086-4C9E9EB4ECAA.jpeg
    476.5 KB · Views: 269
What is the seatbelt sleeve for? If it prevents the seatbelt from retracting, there would be bigger problems for the passenger who's on the seat in case of an accident.
Seatbelt sleeve was to protect the white seats from getting stained. So when the seatbelt retracts it retracts all the way up to where the sleeve is.

Ahhh just want to get this thing fixed it’s going to bother the crap out of me.

Seatbelt sleeve was to protect the white seats from getting stained. So when the seatbelt retracts it retracts all the way up to where the sleeve is.

Ahhh just want to get this thing fixed it’s going to bother the crap out of me.
The seat belt's material does not leach colour. The only scenario for "belt stain" is dirt transferred from passenger's clothes to belt then to seat. In this case, if you have a sleeve, dirt will go from clothes to sleeve then to seat - the same result. And the dirty clothes would have larger, direct contact area to the seat to make it dirty.

The seat belt's material does not leach colour. The only scenario for "belt stain" is dirt transferred from passenger's clothes to belt then to seat. In this case, if you have a sleeve, dirt will go from clothes to sleeve then to seat - the same result. And the dirty clothes would have larger, direct contact area to the seat to make it dirty.
This is not true at all. All three seatbelts stained the tops of my rear seats. There's also tons of people who had the belts stain their third row seats.

Most of the paint less dent repair places are either saying they can’t get behind the dent or it’s aluminum although someone here said it was steel. One said he would take a look if I brought it in and another said we could try the glue method but warned that it could pull paint.