Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dent on home page production line picture?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
tesla_dent.png

It's probably just the way the light's reflected, but it sure looks like a dent.

Speaking of dents, how do aluminum body cars generally stand up to parking lot dents and such? I always try to park away from other cars, but invariably end up with door dings and dents from other cars.

Paintless dent removal services abound for regular steel bodied cars. Can the same be done with aluminum panels?

This post just made me curious about that.

I think it is just a reflection of some other part of the factory.
What looks like a dent may just be a bit of uneven light coming in from between neighboring machinery.

View attachment 9238

It's probably just the way the light's reflected, but it sure looks like a dent.

Not nearly enough information to make an informed guess but when has that stopped us?

My WAG.

The bumper is plastic. It's not attached to the car. The top lip is pulled out to allow the black protection material under it. This is temporarily distorting the plastic bumper until a later time it can be pushed back in and fully attached.

I still just think it is a reflection / shadow...
fakedent.jpg

It looks to me like that gray-black protective cover just sits on top of the bodywork, not causing it to be pulled out or deformed.